Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always mounted my GPS (Garmin 76CS) with a RAM mount on the handlebars of my Yamaha Grizzly's and Kodiak's, where are you guys mounting your GPS's on your Wolverines? The only bar is the grab bar on the passenger side (right next to the 12v receptacle) but I don't think that is a very convenient location to view while driving. Maybe a dash mount of some sort? Pictures would be great! Thanks

Here is a picture of the GPS on my Grizzly

·
Registered
718 Posts
Would a dash mount for a regular vehicle work? Not sure because I've never used one, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
My suction cup mount that I use in my pickup has worked well mounted to my wind deflector. Stayed on through my rollover.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
Guess it depends on the gps you are attempting to mount. I ride a Husky 511 and found the real value of mounting gps units on a Ram mount system. They will move out of the way when you strike them. For my buggy, I have decided to upgrade my gps to a Trailtech unit which will mount to my steering column. It contains a gps, water temp gauge and a tachometer. It's race proven and dependable in all lighting conditions. Best of all is glove friendly.

Trail Tech || Voyager - The Trail Riders GPS

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the suction cup mount idea. I thought about screwing or bolting a mount to the dash, but is there an easy way to get inside the dash area for a bolted mount with nylock nuts?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I like the suction cup mount idea. I thought about screwing or bolting a mount to the dash, but is there an easy way to get inside the dash area for a bolted mount with nylock nuts?
It is a stretch, but you can get inside the dash. I mounted my winch controller hookup just above the ignition key. Like I said I had to stretch to get to it, but that's where I wanted to put it.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
The passenger grab bar is exactly where I mounted the RAM mount for my Garmin. It's out of the way of the controls but still easily visible

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the pictures thekevin. That is exactly like my mount, I just have a different GPS specific bracket.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
ram mount IMG_1660.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, it seems to be fine. I did put a washer before putting the nut on the bottom. It's a tight space to work in though, but I managed to get it done. I only went on one long ride with it mounted there and it's still tight.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I decided to use my existing RAM mount and put it on the grab bar like thekevin and Hammer did. It's close to the 12v receptacle, out of my view, and easily accessible. Thanks for all the ideas guys!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just picked up a new Acer Iconia One 8" tablet to run Back Country on yesterday. I ordered the Ram mount just like I have for my phone as well. We are heading to Mill Creek in NW Arkansas this weekend and I can't wait to actually have a screen I can see.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet! NW Arkansas is beautiful country, my parents live in Mountain Home AR up north from Mill Creek.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
We'll be in NW Arkansas March 8-13th. We'll be camping at Mack's Pines near Dover AR. Been down there twice before on the Grizzly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have Back Country maps of Mack's if you want them. There are some serious mud holes there up on top of the mountain. I live about 2 hours north from both Mill Creek and Mack's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts