Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 yamaha wolverine x2 and I rolled it onto the driver's side i had a buddy flip me over with a tie strap and his tractor he pulled me home and after getting home I started it and it would barely move In high gear same with reverse low gear works about half way does anyone know what it could possibly be?

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Details !!!

Are you talking about the engine?
  • is it idling normally
  • does is rev up in neutral normally

Otherwise something with the drive train. I can see that once flipped the engine oils would flow where they never go and may affect what I asked. If so plugs maybe affected, check and replace them then go from there. A lot of guess work but. Clarity in the details is key for someone on a computer and not at the machine seeing and hearing it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Run it for a while and rev it. NOTE Those machine need to get to operating temp as well before the ECU allows full power or something like that. You should already be aware of that. I thing there is an indicator for that if memory serves.

Then try again but don't hammer the throttle as there is no need on any of these to go through anything or drive. Easy does it applying more throttle as required. Oh check your Air filter, it may have got oil in it from the engine upon flipping. That just hit me!!! That would be choking out the engine for sure.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
What you are describing sounds a lot like how it will behave when a roller/weight gets cocked sideways in the CVT primary sheave. If you were going somewhat faster than an idle when it flipped over and the rear wheels came to an abrupt stop, it is possible that the primary sheave didn't have time to close completely and a roller got cocked sideways in the channel. Never heard of this happening before but very possible in a perfect storm situation.

If this did happen, don't force anything running the motor, or riding, and probably no harm done, once you go into the CVT and put the roller/weight back in it's channel properly.

If/when you take the CVT housing/cover off and if the O.D. of the belt is not at the top/outer edge of the secondary sheave you immediately know that the roller/s are not aligned in their channels properly and that is the problem.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
read your manual and see if there is any reset of a rollover valve or other device.... hard to tell from your description what it is doing or not doing. Revving sitting still is easy, acceleration under load takes full fuel and air...

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
There is a tilt angle sensor but if it's working properly, should allow you to fire the unit up and operate it normally.

It's not overfilled with fuel is it?

The boy rolled mine over a hill. Roof facing downhill and on a 45 degree angle.
I left it that way overnight and recovered it the next day. Used a come-a-long to level it out on the hill to seat the tires and check fluids.
Mine fired right up and I drove it back up the hill with no issues. I did break 2 axles during the recovery, but it ran good.

Sounds like there is more to your situation if the sensor is good.

Reactions: jimclemjr

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
From my experience with 4-wheelers the Rollover Switch/Tilt Angle Sensor is a make or break contact switch. Switch/circuit opens when rolled, shutting off engine. If it cranks, I would say it is not the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts