Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
First thing to do is upgrade tires. The stockers are way too thin to do much serious riding.

Reactions: All out

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting the yamaha videos and reviews all say the "specially designed" 26 bighorn are the ticket. They. Look a bit wimpy for a mud buggy don't know much on the rocks since in florida we run mostly sand and muck I have seen some amazing rock and mud videos so I wonder what to run? I have read a lot about clutches and slugs but I am leaving this baby stock for the time being

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Congratz on the new ride :D Now it's time to go riding. You'll be fine on the stockers for normal fl mud trail riding. Rode mine for a few hundred miles and still have them as spares if ever needed. They aren't mud tires for sure but aren't too bad. You have to spin them really hard to clear the mud out.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
welcome aboard,i would check that your diff vent isn't laying on the floorboards and check all the hose clamps on the oil and water lines,as far as the original tires I have a bit over 4,000 miles on mine with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Interesting the yamaha videos and reviews all say the "specially designed" 26 bighorn are the ticket.

Specially Designed is the factory's way of saying "We took a great trail tire and had a cheaper lightweight version made just for us."

·
Banned
420 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome You bought the tuffest, best riding out there:cool:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats and such a great decision. I totally love mine!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well got about 5 hours in now, pretty darn cool. I am amazed on how I can roll across a field full of holes and bumps at like 25-30 MPH. I have also been able to go on every ATV trail so far.

·
Registered
388 Posts
you bought you a good, tuff, and practical buggy congrats i rode in the mountains once with my stocks didn't have any trouble, but went ahead after that and put a set of maxxis vipr's on mine so far so good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations , I also bought one a week ago . My first side by side . I got 2016 Special edition. So far I only have 3 hrs on it , looking for a trailer. Love my new toy . Insured with Geico for $ 130 a year. Enjoy your new toy !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats - you won't be disappointed. i know what mean with the bumps. When I get out of the Wolvy and into the car, my mate always has to remind me I'm not in the Wolvy :D
I was very suprised with the original tyres. I put them through some nasty stick country and they didn't fail me BUT I'm thinking it was only a matter of time.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
Welcome to the club! You picked a great machine that I'm sure you're going to love.

I changed out my original tires with only one mile on them. LOL! To me they seem like balloons...very light and very thin.

Enjoy your new purchase.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts