Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 months of back order, I finally got my fender flares, and picked up my winch from the other shop in town today too. I got the flares on and winch mounted up, but ran out of time before I had to come in and get ready to head to the races his evening, so I don't have the winch wired yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, got the winch hooked up and managed not to screw anything up and even took the time to verify that it works. When I cut the rubber band that was holding the cable, it went slack and got all crossed up on the drum so I rolled up behind my truck , pulled the cable out till it was all straight rolls on the drum, and pulled the buggy up in neutral to get the cable Lund back up right.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yes the front tires seem to through lots of mud,i was hoping to put flares from Yamaha on front,but they are still on backorder
My tires stick out past the flares on the front so they don't even help any in my case. Even with the stock tires and flares I still got muddy though, they help some but they could be better.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My tires stick out past the flares on the front so they don't even help any in my case. Even with the stock tires and flares I still got muddy though, they help some but they could be better.
I'd like to take a Yamaha engineer for a ride with his suit and tie on,the best machine I had for mud protection was my Kubota 900. they have built in fenders and mud flaps

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'd like to take a Yamaha engineer for a ride with his suit and tie on,the best machine I had for mud protection was my Kubota 900. they have built in fenders and mud flaps
Most engineers don't wear a suit and tie past the job interview. Like most of the sport quads, this machine wasn't designed for maximum mud protection, a person could tell that by looking at tire position related to the fenders. I've had mine coated to where it took me 2+ hours with the pressure washer to clean. You get what you pay for. If you want a Yamaha with more mud and splash protection, get a Viking.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i noticed the lack of mud protection when I bought my machine ,that's why I ordered the overfenders,but didn't expect to have to wait over two months for them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been waiting since June for ft skids,under skids,mud flaps.Backordered in June,July,Aug,now they are telling me Sept.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
I'm sorry but I think Yamaha really dropped the ball on some of these accessories, such as fender flares and apparently skids. At this point the flares should be available in a couple days.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts