Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Before you adjust.. I want to know what the front and rear rake is. Mine is at a 1/4inch rake from front to rear. Just seeing if it should be more or less.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Before you adjust.. I want to know what the front and rear rake is. Mine is at a 1/4inch rake from front to rear. Just seeing if it should be more or less.
Measured today with the spring set from the dealer with the 28's 11.75 inches in from and 12in in the rear.

I'll adjust the spring an pick up at least an inch.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Well, I've added stuff to mine. Front/rear bars, winch, windshield, trunk box. I'm sure as I keep putting stuff on it'll get lower and lower. Also, I measured with a full tank of gas.

Looks like the 1/4 inch rake is the normal stance though. Mainly what I wanted to see. It handled very well this weekend

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just received the Gorilla Axle lift kit today,fairly easy to install.Brandon & the people at Gorilla Axle are very good to deal with,they answer their phone quickly,answer any questions & even call you back to make sure everything worked.I wanted alittle more ground clearance.Waited for someone else to make one for awhile,thought about making one myself out of plate& boxtubing.The brackets in this seem well made,each is cnc cut from a solid piece of aluminum,fit nice,bolts are harden.As far as I can tell,did not change the ride.Figure in time,possibly,someone else may make a small lift like this,but do not know if it will be as well built.Possibly someone will make a longarm real lift kit,with a-arms&axles,but that would probably be well over 2K.Kinda think there will not be a lot of aftermarket accessories for the Wolverine with the new machine coming out in Sept,they will concentrate on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Looking good. 28inch bighorn 2.0's should work well with a 14inch rim. Keeps about the same sidewall height as the 26 on 12's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks nice! I think that thing would look sweet with 28's
Just got mine installed & with my 28" mud lite xl's the think looks sick !!!!! On my rocker back near the flare out on the side I got 18" & near the front 16.5" I know it's the side & its 2" higher then the center but it looks good. Will test it tomorrow & hopfully post pics? Overall was a easy/ quick installation. Everything fit well the front blocks were tight had to tap em in with a rubber mallet, the rear fell right in place. Took the shocks completely off made it easier to drill the 10mm holes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts