Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my wolverine in to get the header pipe replaced and have my shocks checked again,yamaha covered the exhaust pipe,but even though the shocks didn't meet their wear specs they won't warranty them.the dealer was a bit surprised and did everything he could to convince them my springs are hooped

·
Registered
58 Posts
took my wolverine in to get the header pipe replaced and have my shocks checked again,yamaha covered the exhaust pipe,but even though the shocks didn't meet their wear specs they won't warranty them.the dealer was a bit surprised and did everything he could to convince them my springs are hooped
What happened to your header pipe?

·
Registered
58 Posts
it broke off ,I don't think it can take the heat and vibration.
Well that's not good, I guess I better keep an eye on it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it seems like all the aftermarket exhausts also require a different fuel control module to lower the heat, I think i'll try a different tip until warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a chance to look at the fox shocks and they don't use a two stage spring and looks like about three times the adjustment on the spring tensioners,it will be interesting to see how they compare to the kyb shocks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a chance to look at the fox shocks and they don't use a two stage spring and looks like about three times the adjustment on the spring tensioners,it will be interesting to see how they compare to the kyb shocks.
I have the Fox shocks on mine - came with the machine. Can't say how they compare to the Kayabas but I like the way the it rides and handles.
The springs do bend a bit though and are touching the shock body but there is a plastic or Teflon bushing that takes the wear. Dealer said this was 'normal'.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
image.jpeg Well good news, I got my New wolvy for it first rip in the trails n mud. Bad news, it didn't last long. Something locked up shifter in reverse but trans wasn't engaged. Was stuck on the crest (favoring down side) of a steep hill. I stopped on top because was iced over hole at bottom and wasn't sure how deep it was. I throw it in reverse and there I sat until a lifted jeep tugged me with a 12000 winch ( already snapped my 3500 lb cable twice trying myself). He tugged me over a few other 12' ers until the shifter finally let me get into drive. Drove back to trail head and loaded her up n going to dealer Monday. I have no reverse ( make a god awful noise of clicking clanking when engaged ) and when let off gas while heading back sounded about the same.

Here a couple pics of the rock crawling section. I didn't try any, machine too new for me yet. I would've took many more throughout the orv park but......... image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: DJPainter

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
That's certainly disappointing. Hopefully they get it fixed up for you quick. That's why I've been riding as much as possible to find any manufacturing flaws before the factory warranty runs out. I have the 4 yr extended Y.E.S. but I have more faith in the factory warranty.

Is that at Bundy Hill? I've not been there. I hear there is a lot of mud and I prefer to steer clear of mud.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.

That is the Mounds ORV park in genessee county on Mt Morris rd. It's about 350 acres big and has trails/hills/rock climbs / couple sand scrambles / and plenty sippy holes for mudding. They're open yr round.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
ok.....been to the mounds a few times with the jeeps but it's been a few years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts