Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader, first time poster. I’ve been researching and looking for a 4 seat sxs for the last year Or two for my family. We live in Idaho and I’m trying to find a dealer that isn’t going crazy with add on fees and price gouges. I’m hunting for an RMAX4 and the dealers in Boise area aren’t playing ball. If anyone can recommend a dealer in Idaho or Utah or Oregon or Washington or Montana I’d really appreciate it! I look forward to being a proud owner and contributor to this great community.
Thank you in advance for your time,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Long time reader and you didn't try Big Pine yet?(Fairview, UT) They have been talked about all over these forums-if I had access to them, I would definitely give them a try............

Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,609 Posts
Did you have a bad experience at SnakeRiver Yamaha on Fairview?
I bought at Snake River, they have the same deal as most, your going to pay MSRP , shipping, and setup almost everywhere you go. It;s pretty much standard, especially in these times. Also they have good mechanics and have treated me well on any warranty issues.

Reactions: Plunk

·
Registered
26 Posts

Pro Caliber Bend, Oregon just received a RMAX4 LE two days ago. Price quoted was list. Also have a RMAX2 XT-R. They seemed surprised to have received them.

bought my RMAX2 1000 XT-R at Water World Medford Oregon July for $22,199 out the door. Only dealer in Oregon at that time I could find not charging additional dealer markup. According to the website they have RMAX4’s in stock. (541) 826-5535, Ryan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the replies and giving me some more direction and options.
As far as snake river… their parts department seems about the only decent thing there. Service couldn’t or wouldn’t even work on my daughters pw-50. Just like the salesmen, they all seem disinterested. I’ve been in there multiple times and no one much cares. I know a lot / most are charging msrp, but not all and hell, I’m ok with it, but not all the garbage setup and such. They have the attitude of “well you’ll be #7 on the list and we’re so backed up, just this once we’ll say it’s refundable” like they’re doing me a favor. I’d rather drive a few hundred miles than deal with that crap.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I live in your neck of the woods (Middleton). The dealers are terrible in our area for extra fees. Snake River Yamaha wanted freight and set up. Birds of prey wanted freight, set up and $750 for "fair market value" I drove to Salmon idaho for mine (MSRP+tax) zero junk fees. Baker city Yamaha in baker city Oregon is the same, no junk fees.

Another great dealer is Florence Yamaha. Zero fees. My dad just got a can am from them.

I just drove back to the dealer in salmon as well and bought a raptor 90 for my kid. Just MSRP and Tax

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I’ll try those guys. I called big pine today …what they advertise on their site is wrong the guy laughed at me and said they have none and then told me They charge delivery/ destination fee and said he hasn’t seen price sheets for ‘22’s yet… how do I know the price and he doesn’t? All these guys are just losing customers when things go back buyers having some power.
Water world was slightly kinder and they have 2 rmax4 LE’s in stock in case anyone is looking but they advertise a total cost which is nice but it’s 1,000 over msrp.

·
Registered
Montana, USA
156 Posts
I’m glad to hear it! They just were not providing me anything like that.
I bought my X2 at Granite Sportland in Phillpsburg, MT. They were good to me when I bought my X2. You could also try Al's Cycles in Hamiton, MT. It's quite a distance from Boise, but no sales tax in Montana may make up for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. Looks like I'll soon be an owner. I found an RMAX 4 xtr in Lewiston, Idaho. It's been sitting there a while in the back because it shipped with out the rear seat backs. They're tracking those down for me and ordering a few accessories and then I'll go pick it up. 500 under MSRP and no BS fees. The deals are indeed out there. Thanks again everyone. I'll post pics and formal intro when I take delivery.

-Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again everyone, I picked up the machine this past week in Lewiston! The deal was as described and they installed my purchased accessories at no additional cost. James at Main Street Motorsport was a stand up guy and made the experience what I thought it should be. Can’t recommend them enough. The savings and lack of bs fees was well worth the 4.5 hour drive.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2
11 Posts
Thanks again everyone, I picked up the machine this past week in Lewiston! The deal was as described and they installed my purchased accessories at no additional cost. James at Main Street Motorsport was a stand up guy and made the experience what I thought it should be. Can’t recommend them enough. The savings and lack of bs fees was well worth the 4.5 hour drive.
Congrats! Glad you went with James, he treated me very well.

·
Registered
2021 X4 -2021 Kodiak 700- and 2 2021 PW50's
336 Posts
Arent they the ones that post all of the videos beating the hell out of all the new units that aren't properly broke in lol.
I mean I love watching it but I don't know that I want to buy one broke in with 20 miles worth of top end runs and drag racing on it.
Long time reader and you didn't try Big Pine yet?(Fairview, UT) They have been talked about all over these forums-if I had access to them, I would definitely give them a try............

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Not sure on that, I just know with the volume they sell there, that if anyone is going to get prioritized from Yamaha, it would be them.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Pro Caliber Bend, Oregon just received a RMAX4 LE two days ago. Price quoted was list. Also have a RMAX2 XT-R. They seemed surprised to have received them.

bought my RMAX2 1000 XT-R at Water World Medford Oregon July for $22,199 out the door. Only dealer in Oregon at that time I could find not charging additional dealer markup. According to the website they have RMAX4’s in stock. (541) 826-5535, Ryan.
It's great to find a dealer, who is NOT ripping the customer off.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts