Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get rid of most of the warning stickers that decorate so much of my Wolverine. I have some Goo Gone, that I used to get the stickers off the chrome on my Harley. It worked pretty good for that. I don't want to use a knife of decal scraper, because I am not the most sure handed fellow around. I will usually get something almost done, then slip and leave a gash in the plastic. I was wondering if anyone had used it on any of the black plastic on the Wolverine? I am going to leave the stickers on the bed sides and hood alone.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I used a heat gun.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Usually a heat gun and a gentle application of a straight blade razor works quite well. Have not used goo gone. 3M makes an excellent adhesive remover for getting rid of that sticky residue. Usually find it in the paint dept at the auto parts store.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had forgotten about the heat gun trick. I guess you have to get the sticker warm enough to soften, but not so hot as to deform the plastic it is stuck to.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
yea doesn't take a lot of heat, just enough to loosen the adhesive a bit. A good hair dryer will work also.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
i used a hair dryer to take all mine off. takes a little longer then a heat gun. if there is any sticky residue left you can use goo gone or wd40 works good too

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. Wife has a hair dryer and I will try the goo gone on the leftover sticky stuff, in an inconspicuous spot. There are just WAY too many damn stickers. Sometimes I think they let an 8 year old kid loose on them. LOL I'm just going to get rid of the ones that are not riveted in place. When I start making mods that require a switch plate I will get rid of the one in the middle of the dash.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
i got ride of them all. the ones on the roll bar you won't even notice that anything was there after you drill the rivets out. use a small drill bit. pretty lawyered up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts