Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt see a thread on this, I recently got a Go Pro Hero and was wondering if anyone had any pictures of where/how they mounted theirs. And where you bought your mount and what kind.

Reactions: Flyer

·
Registered
385 Posts
I tried solid mount on left side roll bar broke it off. Tried suction cup mount on hood after first mud hole camera was covered. Tried same mount on inside of windshield too much vibration . Tried.on dash when windshield got muddy no good video's. If you find a good place ,let me know.

Reactions: TC618

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome video man, thats the angle im trying to film from too. my buddy usually films from right behind the windshield but as soon as the windshield gets dirty the video doesnt come out at all. I think Its also kind of cool to see inside the bike as u go. Did you have anything special you put the mount on? just wondering cause most of the roll cage back there is on an angle and you video is straight, unless there is enough room to mount it where they join in the middle.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
With the joints in the mount I was able to get it pretty level even though the bars are angled

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I tried attaching mine to the passenger grab bar but it always would get too muddy

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi my friend: The go pro hero 4 black is what I have the video it takes is unbelievable, great resolution to 1440, the only problem I have with it as well as the hero 3 black I had before is it doesn't show how steep or deep what your riding really is. Most everything looks on a more level plane that it really is. But like I said its like watching your hi def television. :cool:

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0705.JPG I got a sony AS50R action cam from my wife for Christmas, takes great vids and has a viewer on a wrist watch. I chose to mount it on the semi flat spot on top the hood. Ill let you know how it works out. Already did the full rainx on the case so I am expecting nice clear vids.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
What's everyone using for cage mounts?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I made this Gopro mount last summer. It's just a piece of pipe welded onto some flat stock with about 2 inch ctc bolt holes. Works great. DSC06697.jpg DSC06698.jpg

·
September WOTM Winner!
53 Posts
I have the Hero 4 Session, great little camera. So far I've got a roll bar mount, and a mount in the middle of the hood just in front of the windscreen. Both work great. IMG_8685.JPG

Video shows angles from both mounts.

Still learning the editing software, this was an early attempt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Garmin Virb XE that has good video and some additional info shown on video. I attached it to the roll cage using a large tube mount made by RAM. A short example.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts