Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 21 RMAX2 back from the dealership today. Was running shitty, wouldn't idle and then just die when giving it a little gas after putting it in gear. They empty the fuel tank, put gas in. Seems to run better, but drove it around tonight. In Sport mode it was doggy as hell and not enough power to break the tires loose. Floored it only hits 40mph. Pulled into the driveway and notice my muffler is glowing red all the way across the damn thing. Anyone experienced this? I only have 26 hours on it and it's been mostly easy going. $25k piece of shit in my garage right now and not happy about it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a Polaris Sportsman do something very similar, it was the spark arrestor was clogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WNC1000

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to mention I took it in for the oxygen sensor recall. Is it possible they installed it incorrectly and it's causing this? It was running fine beforehand other then it had shitty gas.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Could be if they didn't hook it back up but I'd think there would be some kind CEL.
I agree, if they didn't hook it up that could cause a big problem.
All they do on the recall is re-route the wire at the plug end.
Look at it and see if it's hooked up.
No CELL light would say it's hooked up.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,125 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the installer must have dropped that plug or bumped the tip against something putting it in. It's an iridium and they just don't go bad for no reason.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
692 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the installer must have dropped that plug or bumped the tip against something putting it in. It's an iridium and they just don't go bad for no reason.
After being in the Honda PE business for almost 30 years, I have seen very few NGK plugs that failed so prematurely.

Something is going on, I hope it's not QC.

·
Registered
615 Posts
It ended up being a bad plug. Such a relief!! I'm going ahead and replacing the rest of them myself since they didn't. Thanks all for the help, much appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving
Don't worry about replacing the other plug, it's fine. (they replaced the bad plug)
No need to potentially cause other issues, like a stripped or crossed thread.
Just enjoy it now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts