Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wolverine runs really lean in the lower RPM in the cruising RPM and lower throttle positions causing the exhaust to get hotter than normal

This seems to be the norm for several manufacturers these days to help the environment I guess

The Power Commander V is available at Hunterworks now and we have a fuel map that richens that area up and the map is set for a air/fuel ratio of around 13 throughout the rpm range.

Also, with the Power Commander it is not just a fuel controller but a ignition too so I was able to raise the limiter to 8000 rpm

Only a few people in the country have their own software from Dynojet to program the rev extend codes and we do.

Also if you buy a Power Commander just off the shelf somewhere, it will not exceed top speed in most cases and not have much of a increase in RPM

We custom program ours here

Click the link below to see it on the website and feel free to call me with any questions.

Link to Power Commander V on our site

Todd

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yes, I'm running up to 60 in high and 40 in low now :D Was just out with the laptop watching it while the wife drove. She loves to keep it at 100% throttle. It's only pulling like 7250-7500 rpm at 60. Was watching the table more than rpms but was sitting in the 7250/100 square. Just like the motor is running out of steam there. It's cam'd more for low end torque than top end I suppose.

Edit.. I do have the sheave kit installed too.

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I'm running up to 60 in high and 40 in low now :D Was just out with the laptop watching it while the wife drove. She loves to keep it at 100% throttle. It's only pulling like 7250-7500 rpm at 60. Was watching the table more than rpms but was sitting in the 7250/100 square. Just like the motor is running out of steam there. It's cam'd more for low end torque than top end I suppose.

Edit.. I do have the sheave kit installed too.
You are correct, simply runs out of power. Mine never got over 7100 during testing

Todd

·
Registered
8 Posts
some questions about the power commander, first do you need an exhaust system to benefit from the module? will there still be gains in performance with stock exhaust? I just want my exhaust to stop glowing red while its running (ive been stopped soooo many times by people asking if I have a problem) what is needed to do adjustments for fuel and timing or are there pre programmed "tunes" I come from the diesel performance and "old school carbureted" world sorry if these are dumb questions but I had to ask.

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some questions about the power commander, first do you need an exhaust system to benefit from the module? will there still be gains in performance with stock exhaust? I just want my exhaust to stop glowing red while its running (ive been stopped soooo many times by people asking if I have a problem) what is needed to do adjustments for fuel and timing or are there pre programmed "tunes" I come from the diesel performance and "old school carbureted" world sorry if these are dumb questions but I had to ask.
No need for exhaust

I don't sell it for performance gains, not much there with just a programmer, just cooler exhaust temps and a raise the limiter so you don't hit it is about it

I program it for you, plug and play

computer and air/fuel ratio gauge if you want to make your own maps or the auto-tuner module then still a lap top

Todd

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is there a install video?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It comes with easy instructions. Pretty much just unplugging and plugging in connectors in between. Plug and play so to speak :D

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does this just work for a stock setup?
if adding an exhaust does it need to be reprogrammed again?
I think you would still be fine with an exhaust with the same map. From all the maps I have made for stock engines and stock engines with exhaust on any vehicle over the years there has been normally less than 5% difference and you know the difference, the dyno sure didn't

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I'm running the PC-V, UNI air filter, and 2R racing tip and I have great throttle response and lower exhaust temps (Based off of exhaust glow not actual temp measurements)

Reactions: R2V2 and TINKEN

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Having trouble locating the crank position sensor. Says its a 2 pin plug under the air box next to 2 larger gray plugs. All I see is one white 3 pin. Am I looking in the wrong place? IMG_20160206_091751404.jpg

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Never mind I got it. Harness had slide up under the air box.looked at it for 20 min. Post this go back and find it right away

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
So far so good. It seems to have fixed my cold starting issue, which was my biggest reason for getting one. To be honest everything here is so ice and snow covered its hard to get a true test on any performance gains.

Now I just need to try to why the clutching/drive locked up on me yesterday. Everything seems to be working fine now, but something happened so have to take a look at everything.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts