Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so you know, if you order a Moose RM4 plow system, the only WINCH mounts that will work are the Moose & Yamaha Versions (according to directions). ALSO you have to remove the Winch Mount when installing the Plow Mount, so think ahead on that too. I had a KFI one in place and will be replacing it in order to use the Moose Plow mount (about 3/4" too Long). Could possible do some adapting, but not worth it. The good side is that it looks like an easy on / off for blade part down the road. Will have to cut plastic belly protector to fit around plow mount too.

If you are not using their mount, the KFI is a great winch mount.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Good info.
Any chance you're wanting to sell the KFI mount?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here are a few pics of plow installed. I have altered the system to work with a flat strap rather than cable. It will go even higher than pic. IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0380.JPG IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0382.JPG

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry did not get back sooner as have been busy at work. It cost about $800 total. When you drop the blade, the mount part is pretty much all clear. I do not plant to remove it for summer as don't think it will hit & I cut the plastic skid so it fits.

Got to use it yesterday in about 8" plus of fresh snow - Worked great - biggest problem was snow snow blowing over the top & getting on windshield - was running 12 miles an hour so could have slowed down and not been a problem. I was blowing out our gravel road for 1/2 miles so was in a hurry for Christmas eve (was only supposed to have flurries to 1" and got 9" total)

so far very pleased
Doug

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Mount a piece of angle iron along top of blade than attach a 6-8" wide flap down the length of blade. That will deflect snow back down.

·
Registered
Rmax2
102 Posts
how is your plow/mount holding up? noticed my plow was crooked yesterday, took a look and the tongue part that slides into the mount is bent, with busted welds. starting looking closer and it appears the triangle push tube part is also twisted, or welded together slightly off also. not overly impressed with moose thus far. it looks nice and heavy duty, but I'm plowing a paved driveway with this thing, it doesn't see much abuse, it shouldn't have bent. I emailed them earlier this year and told them their mounting instructions for the wolverine mount weren't right, and the hardware included was incorrect, all I heard back was - "we haven't seen that before" and that was the end of it. talked to the dealer I bought it from yesterday, let them deal with them. doubt they will do anything about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine as of yet. I haven't hit anything hard to bend it. So far so good. Check out pics on the thread about skid plates for what I did to replace the plastic cover.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What mount did you get?
I have a 2018 X4 and can’t seem to find a mount anywhere...
Flat strap looks great
FYI this thread has been inactive for almost 5 years

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,874 Posts
It wasn't far down the list. Oops Sorry.

Can the mod kill it or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts