Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Just need some help with this install and have questions. Directions are shitty actually in my opinion maybe you gear heads can help me with this.

1) does the top edging where the foam meets the roof suppose to me tight and flush? I tried everything to show no gap and still their is one. Its centered perfect and the height is dead on.

2) any specific place where the windshield stops go on the bottom of the window.

Thats as far as I got in the operation. PICS would be awesome so I can see where you centered the clamps and top of the edging looks like.

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. Results vary but my foam did not touch the roof all the way across. I also tried everything and posted on here about it. Folks said it was normal. Pretty crappy for what we paid for it.

2. I don't understand your question.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Think a lot depends on the roof install. It does has a little back and forth play. Mine was fully flush but after grazing a lot of trees and limbs there's a small gap now. Think the roof actually moved back just a little. I was just thinking of putting 1 or maybe 2 small bolts through windshield lip and roof with wing nuts to snug the roof on down to the windshield.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah not impressed with it or the directions. Headed out tomorrow to get bigger washers for the hood bumpers. They fell off with the smaller ones.

But if it keeps me dry I'm good lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine has a couple of small gaps in the corners of the rubber seal too. I've had my roof off twice to put the radio and rear window on and both times tried to line them up better to get rid of those gaps with no success. They're just small pinholes and both of the rainy rides I've been on, I didn't get any water through them.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
This should give you a reference of where it goes. Also, that "seal" really doesn't seal up anything. It's just going to keep it from rattling or making noise IMG_1405.jpg IMG_1406.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
For the windshield stays:

1. Put front glass on.
2. Slide stays onto bottom of windshield (pic above)
3. Fold top window down
4. Press bottom of window where the stays are located so that the stays touch the hood
5. Mark holes with sharpie pen/marker
6. Take windshield off
7. Drill holes
8. Re-install windshield
9. Push in the plastic bolts so the stays are in place & solid

you should be good to go.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you…. Going to Lowes for bigger washers for the Rubber Hood mounts since they are not wide enough to properly secured it to the hood

·
Registered
395 Posts
When I put mine on it was not flush at all. I have been in the rain and mud and nothing comes through but that weather stripping someone posted would be a great idea if you do have issues. The hood has a great drip rail that seems to do a good job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts