Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen any full doors yet the wolverine? Called Pro Armor and they said they didn't have any plans to design them yet

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Has anybody seen any full doors yet the wolverine? Called Pro Armor and they said they didn't have any plans to design them yet
look up defender cabs,they are listng a polycarbonate cab system,and sell doors separately,you have to go through a dealer to buy their product

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Defender cabs' doors are full doors and not half doors. I did mention to the guy that they should look at making a half-door for the warmer time of the year. Hope they take that in consideration.
I will be getting one of their full cab in a few months and will probably just put the factory doors back on for the summer months

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
the shipping is $400 to bc,Yamaha is coming out with a soft door,but if it's like their overfenders could be months,that's one thing I miss about my polaris,they had lots of cabs and accessories.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info I'll get on line and check it out

·
Registered
718 Posts
I hope they change those plans. I'd love to have a set of Pro Armor doors like everyone has on the RZRs

Reactions: Kirk57

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm torn, some days in the summer its nice to have some extra air flowing threw and I like to prop my foot up on the half door, but I would love the protection from a set of half doors like Pro Armor's. I'm guessing with time we will see a set.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got an email from Miss Miller at Pro Armor Door she said they have nothing or no estimated time for full doors for the new Wolverine. She said to check back at the end of the year. So I guess we'll just keep getting mud in the cab , no big deal .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Has anyone just thought of having some made? I would thing any welding / machine shop could make some.

Reactions: Wi_Rider

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I have some free time, I will check into having some made. It would be great if someone was just making door extensions.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Door extensions would be one great idea you would think that Yamaha could come up with something to match

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does the Viking and Wolverine use the same door size?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
My Wolverine is actually at a custom shop right now, they have it for at least the month to work on developing products, I will ask them about doing doors. They are doing a windshield and rear bumper for sure, possibly some other things, but I just dropped it off yesterday so no news yet lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If possible,ask them if they can make a steering wheel adapter to use a grant steering wheel.Have searched everywhere,even called grant.They are available for about every sidexside except the wolverine.Only one I found was a weld on one,not doing that.Thank you...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm guessing nobody in general is too hot on developing aftermarket anything for the Wolverine or Viking until they see how sales look. Yamaha did nothing new for what, a decade, and got left in the dust by everyone else. This is not me criticizing Yamaha, just making an observation. I had two Rhinos and had narry a problem with either of them since 2006 until two months ago when I sold my 2008 to buy a Wolverine. Their engineering is stellar and I expect both the Wolverine and Viking to be great products. But again, they are attempting to re-enter the market they created, and its a competitive and crazy market at that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah I agree, I just thought someone would make something. I'm patiently waiting for a full door setup and a steering wheel to polish off the interior of my wolvy, other than that i'm content with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm seeing some basic stuff here and there but nothing like what was available for my rhino. Hopefully some good stuff starts trickling in soon.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd love to see someone make a set similar to the YXZ that give better coverage but still keeps the shoulder bolsters in place so you keep tight in the seat. That's what I was hoping pro armor would eventually make some like they do for the RZR.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts