Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the front end/wheels/breaks squeak when you ride slow and especially when you turn? If so what is it? I was hoping that this is just a thing yamahas do. Other than this i love the wolverine. Any input appreciated. I've tried spraying up in the wheels real good to get any dirt out. I dont really mud ride much. Sounds like its coming from the wheels behind the rim or maybe the breaks, i dunno..

·
Registered
23 Posts
My left front does this too. Had it checked and could find nothing. My guess is the disc is slightly warped or has a high spot that gets touched ...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rust on the disc will cause a squeak. Get some speed up and hit the brakes hard.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rust on the disc will cause a squeak. Get some speed up and hit the brakes hard.
thanks ill try that brakes hardly ever get used on mine cause i just use the engine brake never ride at high speeds to much, but will definitely try that.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Definitely sounds like the brakes. Mine get drowned in mud a lot and just getting little bits of stones or something in there can cause an intermittent squeak. Mine squeak now and then too, no big deal.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine does it, and if you were ever around Yamaha Rhino's-Grizzlys you will know that almost everyone of them squeaked a bit too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can accept the squeak my rancher was a squeaking son of a gun just was making sure it wasn't a bigger problem but squeaking brakes ever now and then aint no biggie, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts