Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX2 XTR
27 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

They are big truck mudflaps from NAPA. Cost less than $15 each. One mud flap did both sides. I trimmed them with 3/8 fuel line to finish. I went with rivnuts and bolts and fender washers to mount because I wanted to try to keep them tight with the fenders.

Two more mudflaps will cover the rear along the bed and down the body.

They work great.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you get plastic long enough,use flex plastic like a floor mat to go below the body panel behind the front wheel. Drop it down to 6” from the ground. It will greatly improve the side splatter on the door.

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
45 Posts
Purchase some rubber floor matting. It comes in 36" width and using some bristle board, make a template and transfer to the mat. Cut it out and secure it using tin washers and small uphostery screws. The matting is soft enough to bend when hit by branches and small trees in the trails but ridgid enough to stop any mud or water from being thrown into the cab. I have been using this for years and it worked out excellent.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,365 Posts
I got to say that looks the best of all the aftermarket solutions I have see and doesn't give the Dumbo elephant appearance either.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
264 Posts
Without flares on the Rmax you'll be washing the roof, the seats, and the passengers. It's a mud slinging S.O.B. without the flares. Even on damp, fire trails you'll be muddy. I used rubber instead of 1/8" UHMW. Too many trees and trench walls in East Tennessee for a rigid Flare. Yamaha would sell every set they made if they would make them. Should be standard equipment. Guys have been wanting these from the very first reviews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts