Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the box at wally world for just under $20 with tax. It is a Contico - Deluxe Trunk Locker. Size is 31.5 x 18.25 x 13.25 high. It doesn't fit the bed like I would like, but it is about 10% of what the fitted box would cost from Yamaha. The thing that I found really cool about it is the little "feet" molded into the bottom. They fit perfectly into the area that the screw for the bed fits in at the rear. I drilled a couple of 3/8 holes and used the stock bed mount screws. The front side is still loose, and probably won't cause any problems, but the box is situated where I can just throw a tie down strap over it if it is. It doesn't really fill the bed like I would have liked (about 2.5 inches open on each side) and I can't use the tailgate, but it is positioned fore and aft perfectly. I can still get a 5 gallon gas can and my cooler in the front of the bed. In the picture you can also see the back half height dust guard I made. It mounts like the upper windshield I did, except there is a mounting point in the middle to stop the wobble, and no aluminum angle stiffeners running horizontally.

The front mud flaps use the same mounting method and materials as the back ones I did, in a previous thread. I have about 1.5 inches above the metal backer that just touches the bottom of the over fender, and I left about 4 inches below to pick up the stuff coming off the bottom of the front tire. You can see in the pictures that from just inside the cab it covers the front tire. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are swept back. I screwed into the flat on the outside of the plastic "mud guard", and that is how they ended up. Again I used the strap with the screws at 3 inches on center and very light torque. The screws have a rubber washer on them, and I only compressed them about half way. With that many screws I don't think I will have a problem with them pulling out or staying snug.

IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0150.JPG

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
mine are the basically the same as yours and get a bit of overspray,but keeps the mud off everything, at least on an angle they shouldn't get tore off as easy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking at those pictures I am thinking about taking all of them off and painting them with some black truck bed liner. I think I can get it in a canned spray paint form. That will make them less of an eye sore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is good to know trailcutter. I'm not going to be able to test them before I go to Wolf Pen Gap at the end of March. Water and mud don't really bother me, but if I want my wife to enjoy herself and keep riding with me, she MUST be protected from the elements. :)

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Throw a tarp over her..............I'M KIDDING!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LMAO - Thanks Roadymi I needed that laugh. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts