Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with either Yamaha's Front Grab Bar or EMP's Front
Winch Bumper? Some of the trails I ride are narrow or overgrown and I am considering more front-end protection.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know for a fact the rear bumper is a thin walled tubing, it bent easy when I backed into a telephone post. If I didn't own the Yamaha front bumper already I would buy this one: Yamaha Wolverine Front Winch Bumper

I bought the EMP rear bumper. It is stronger than the other.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I have the EMP front winch bumper. It is stout. I can grab it and lift the corner of the machine off the floor without it giving. The factory one sucks. BTW I have a stock bumper for sale lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Can we see couple pictures of it? Looking at getting the same bumper as well.
Well other than my pics on their website I only have two pics of it. I can take a few when I get home tonight probably though. The machine is crooked because I was in the process of strapping it down to take it home. The suspension is not evenly compressed.

IMG_20151103_163745005_HDR.jpg IMG_20151103_163728686.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking bumper from EMP, and thanks for the input. I have already ordered the rear bumper from EMP...probably will get the front one, too given the comments about the thin walls of they Yamaha grab bar. Did you put those tow hooks on, or did they come with the bumper?

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Nice looking bumper from EMP, and thanks for the input. I have already ordered the rear bumper from EMP...probably will get the front one, too given the comments about the thin walls of they Yamaha grab bar. Did you put those tow hooks on, or did they come with the bumper?
They were a revision by EMP. They fabbed up the bumper initially, then decided to put the shackle mounts on after some input from others.

here are a few pics from last night. IMG_20151110_153318980.jpg IMG_20151110_153251118.jpg IMG_20151110_153246096.jpg IMG_20151110_153241280.jpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks great. What size tires are those?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Haven't tried it out yet with the new bumper to be honest, but they told me their first design didn't rub, but came close, so they tweaked it slightly to give it more clearance. As for the rubbing on the machine itself, i was getting some rubbing at full lock under compression, but haven't had any since tightening my preload.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts