Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who switched from a Rhino to the Wolverine? Just got a '13 Rhino and then the Wolverine comes out and has me thinking.

Anybody have regrets from switching?

·
Banned
420 Posts
The 450 rhino is a beast. I loved that machine. Wish I would've kept it along with my new Wolverine. The wolverine has been awesome so far. Very comfy and very peppy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I traded in an '09 Rhino 700 for the Camo Wolverine in September.
Wolverine has a quieter engine and better handling (about 4" wider) with electric power steering. The gas shocks give a better ride too.
The high back buckets are comfortable for hours of riding. The seats are adjustable, can be moved to one of three positions depending on the length of the drivers legs. It has a lot more storage...especially between the driver and passenger. There is no engine limiter which is great and it tops out around 85 km/ hr. All this being said, NO regrets whatsoever. Yamaha really thought this one thru.

·
October WOTM Winner!
28 Posts
Sold 08 Rhino 450 to get Wolverine. Wolverine is a souped up Rhino without the dump bed. Rhino was a great side by side, just wanted a little more speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top speed is not a huge concern to me. I mainly use mine for hunting. Was wondering if the smaller/non dumping bed has been an issue for anybody.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I never really used the dump bed just liked the dump option for cleaning. I got the Yamaha storage box and gun racks for the Wolverine and you don't have a whole lot of space left over with them installed. Like you I mainly hunt and I love the double gun racks so I can always have the 300 for the hydro line and the 308 for the bush. Likely to load a deer in I would have to lay it in over top of the storage box. The rhino made a fine hearse but never had the fancy storage with it

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've never owned a rhino, but my parents currently do and I've had it out quite a few times myself. I can't speak to the difference in the dump bed or not, but I will say that the ride is so much better. I never realized the difference going from theirs to mine, but once I got used to mine, it didn't take long at all to realize how much better the ride was. Took off on a little ride with dad this past summer and about 100 yards off the road onto the trail, I looked at him and just said, "Damn, mine has me spoiled".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Who switched from a Rhino to the Wolverine? Just got a '13 Rhino and then the Wolverine comes out and has me thinking.

Anybody have regrets from switching?
I had an 08 450 and an 04 660, never looked back! The wolverine does not have the heat,dust or noise in cab like Rhinos. Its got a lot more pickup ,it will kick the back end out going around alot of corners and never lift a tire. I gues the best way to pu is daylight and dark!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I switched from CanAm to Yamaha because of my good friends Rhino. This machine is very much like the Rhino. It's a bit bigger though. Has the same invincible feeling and comfort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts