Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an awesome trip last weekend. Brought it down to WV with 3 miles on it. I ride all Outlaw Trails. Wolverine did great. No regrets. I think the days of Grizzly riding are disappearing. I especially like the road manners of the Wolverine. Very sure footed. Going to add the back plastic for the cab. The only cold I felt was on the back of my neck. Brought it back to Ohio with 198 miles. Can't wait for the next trip.

Reactions: Michel70

·
Registered
395 Posts
Kick ass. Going down there again next Thursday.

As far as the outlaw trails, just ask the locals. The locals down there that we have run into over the years are very friendly.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Outlaw trails sound fun. How do you find out bout the outlaw trails and where they are?
Just as a word of caution, you do NOT want to go on the outlaw trails by yourself if you don't know them yet. Definitely get someone to take you for your first ride. Go to riders paradise and wait a few minutes in the busy season, someone is bound to stop in for a beer and be willing to show you around. If not, they sell a very...crude...hand drawn map of the trails that with a compass, you could at least find your way back home. The outlaw trails are awesome, indeed, but there are some HOLES that do not look deep, but you can swim in. Winch is a must if you intend on trying out the mudholes lol. Also, if you have a GPS you can download a map from BobT on the garmin forums, he has them all mapped, updated this January.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just as a word of caution, you do NOT want to go on the outlaw trails by yourself if you don't know them yet. Definitely get someone to take you for your first ride. Go to riders paradise and wait a few minutes in the busy season, someone is bound to stop in for a beer and be willing to show you around. If not, they sell a very...crude...hand drawn map of the trails that with a compass, you could at least find your way back home. The outlaw trails are awesome, indeed, but there are some HOLES that do not look deep, but you can swim in. Winch is a must if you intend on trying out the mudholes lol. Also, if you have a GPS you can download a map from BobT on the garmin forums, he has them all mapped, updated this January.
Good advice. Last time we were on the outlaw trails down there a husband and wife followed us the entire time so that makes sense. I guess we look like locals :). One of the guys that rides with us, has a garmin with the local maps. He got it from someone on one of the Teryx forums.

Yes. The mud holes can get SUPER deep :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts