Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday folks,
Just took delivery of my shiney new Wolverine here in Australia. Keen to get it out in the bush on some hunting properties. Should be a big step forward from the Grizzly 450 I had. Will give me more range and do it more comfortably. Looking forward to pimping it with a LED bar and bits and pieces. I've ordered a front bar protection ystem and A arm protectors from a local manufacturer here. Fitted a UHF radio over the weekend, other than that it is still stock standard.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh sure is DJPainter. Mainly a safety / peace of mind thing. Smallest place I hunt is about 10,000 acres with one remote place at 1.8million acres. Most stations (ranches) have a home base UHF with a particular channel they work from.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A juvenile water buffalo. A feral or introduced species here and our premier big game species. A full grown male adult can be up towards 2000lbs. He has at least 2 friends in the background - a couple of dingoes (wild dogs)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
A few will recognise this place. It does actually exist as a real pub (bar)
View attachment 4097

Took my rig for its maiden run last week. WOW very happy to say the least. Getting used to left hand drive took little time. I found myself trying to climb into passenger seat plenty of times. :) Has the exhaust squeak that I've seen mentioned on this forum - very annoying at idle. Gave all my the modes (high, low, lockers) a good work out. One steep, rock strewn slope I went down was a challenge in low 4x4 with diffs locked BUT plenty of right of right pedal got it done. My passenger had very white knuckles and suggested "let's not do that again huh". It's a slope I would not have attempted in the quad. I was able to explore parts of property where I'd never been into. The propert owner ran his eye over it more than once. He thought I could maybe "leave it there for him to look after."
Will definitely be fitting a wind deflector. Ate plenty of bugs - we had a locust hatching event after recent rain - man they hurt at 35mph.
Fitting light bar tomorrow and eagerly awaiting my front scrub bar arriving next month, probably fit tires at the same time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Awesome stuff. Wish I could get my Wolverine down there to explore. Might need a tanker trailer but, it would be fun. Would that be called a ride-a-bout? :)
Send more pics from out in the bush when you can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.