Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got my cab installed and it looks awesome but haven't had a chance to go ride since. Just looking forward to not having the cold wind in the face when it's near freezing.
Hoping the heater is available before winter gets here as it's when we do the most of our riding. Love the fact that the machines stay cleaner.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my cab installed and it looks awesome but haven't had a chance to go ride since. Just looking forward to not having the cold wind in the face when it's near freezing.
Hoping the heater is available before winter gets here as it's when we do the most of our riding. Love the fact that the machines stay cleaner.
sure is a lot nicer,you mentioned you are not far from defender cabs,if you happen to talk with them could you ask them if they have a product for clearing up the scratches .

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sure is a lot nicer,you mentioned you are not far from defender cabs,if you happen to talk with them could you ask them if they have a product for clearing up the scratches .
actually,managed to contact defender cabs and said not much can be done with the scratches,he said they should have a heater around the middle of this month.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most of the trails I ride are fairly wide, so I'm hoping to limit the amount of scratches.
I'm looking forward to having the heater too. Should be nice and comfortable in the cab.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Tailcutter, do you have any pics? I was considering doing something similar.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This thing looks like it could be a bitch to make a cab, did a nice one on my Rhino but this looks much harder. When I get my Wolverine I would like to wait for a full GLASS windshield to handle a wiper. As far as a heater I want to direct as much as possible on that windshield to handle the frost and snow. I cant believe the newer poly type windshields are that great at handling a wiper but depending on where you live and what you do with your ride. What Im getting at is poly with a bit or more mud and wiper going equals scratches, glass none. And for the extra bucks its worth it or deal with scratches and buy a new one or two later and neither are cheap.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This thing looks like it could be a bitch to make a cab, did a nice one on my Rhino but this looks much harder. When I get my Wolverine I would like to wait for a full GLASS windshield to handle a wiper. As far as a heater I want to direct as much as possible on that windshield to handle the frost and snow. I cant believe the newer poly type windshields are that great at handling a wiper but depending on where you live and what you do with your ride. What Im getting at is poly with a bit or more mud and wiper going equals scratches, glass none. And for the extra bucks its worth it or deal with scratches and buy a new one or two later and neither are cheap.
The Defender Cab does come with the full glass windshield w a wiper and optional wiper fluid motor/nozzle. I know what you mean by wanting direct heat flow to the windshield for snow and frost elimination. A few of us are anxiously awaiting Motoalliance to complete their Firestorm Heater for these machines...hopefully soon.

I too have wondered about scratches on the lexan doors. Thinking of some type of 3M transparent covering that will protect the doors, and can be peeled off when needed, then replaced. The top half at least....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.