Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four weeks ago I sold my Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and bought a leftover 18' X4. Couldn't be happier with the change! However, one area the Pioneer was far superior to the X4 was in suspension. Now that is not all the X4's fault because admitingly Walker Evans is one of my channel sponsors so I had Walker Evans shocks all around on my Pioneer. But I had a bit of time to look things over and made an interesting discovery. Here is what I found out!

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,092 Posts
Nice discovery and welcome to the forums. How much do a set of the Walker Evans shocks cost to the normal consumer? I would like to see ya back up that bottle jack with a jackstand and some wheel chocks ;) Really jealous of trails right outside your property.

19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Walker Evans are expensive. The shocks made for the Pioneer 1000 are almost $470 per shock. Let's hope that if W.E. decides to make dedicated shocks for the Wolverines they will come in a bit cheaper than that. The shocks they offer for the old Rhinos are $299 which is more reasonable and would be a good price point for the shocks.

Side note: I usually do use jack stands but I was so excited to find out these fit I never thought to throw one under. You can even see one sitting right there in the foreground when I'm looking at the front after the shocks are installed...lol.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Yes welcome and keep us posted on how those work out for ya.

19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as to my knowledge the R spec shocks from the new X2 should bolt right in. I would say the front for sure and most likely the back. From what I've seen the even though the X4 has the self-leveling on the rear it doesn't look like the X2 shocks mounts are any different but would have to see them side by side and measure to be sure.

19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe it was 12 or 13 hundred
At that, you could get the Walker Evans for a Pioneer 1000 with the discount they give to my Subscribers. Would have to specify needing all thinner bushing spacers though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts