Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a Fire extinguisher mount ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some free advice don't but the kit just buy the bracket only and use band clamps and your own fire ext. will save you $20.00 20150703_202337.jpg

Reactions: Kirk57

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I used the Rugged Ridge 63305.21 Black ATV/UTV Fire Extinguisher Holder off of Amazon and so far I like it. I even mounted it horizontal on the ROPS and it holds a 3lbs bottle securely.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the Rugged Ridge, but was unsure of how well the straps would hold up to heavy outdoor use along with sun light.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I have mine mounted on the underside of the roof on the rear ROPS bars. Should be fine plus it is completely out of the way yet accessible.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Here is a pic of the Rugged Ridge with a 3# bottle.

IMG_2445.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a pic of a rzr that burned up a couple weeks ago in the mountains. 20151003_123226.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm stoked, did a couple of long rides on some rough jeep 4x4 trails in the mountains and our did the rock climbing on my friends can am 1000s. Also just installed a light bar, dome light, mirror and fire extinguisher. 20151023_163620.jpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe a Fire extinguisher is a must have. Might never need it, but if you do you will have one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried the Rugged Ridge one and I found it difficult to get it mounted tightly and be able to get out the extinguisher. I just installed the Drake Off-Road mount under the roof with a First Alert rechargeable ABC unit. Mount was from Amazon and extinguisher and SS clamps were from HD. I will report back when the snow is gone if it rattles. Seems to have a little play but if it were much tighter I’d worry about being able to get it out quickly.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts