Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my camo R Spec last week. So far i love the way it drives.

I do however hear some weird vibration around 50 kms. And brakes are squeaky.

Starting the machine sometimes takes two ties as well.

I am hoping these are just needing a bit of a break in.

I also bought a set of new shoes for her but one of the tires wasn't the right size which pissed me off. But the dealer couriered me the right one.

Now I'm waiting to get it mounted. On ITP 212SS RIMS.
27x10x14 on the fronts and 27x12x14 on the rear. Dealer says they will fit but twelve seems mighty wide compared to stock width.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome saskwolf I just picked up mySE a few days ago and love it. The starting issue from what I understand is a lean map. I have ordered the pcmv from Hunterworks to take care of it. I will do a sheave and wet clutch kit after I break it in. Again welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should pre read my posts. I meant it takes two tries to start it sometimes.

And the rims are 14s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Heliguy. But putting a hunterworks kit on a stock brand new machine seems crazy.

Shouldn't a new machine run tip top?
I think I'd add a power commander down the road. But I so far dont mind the speeds im getting out of her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah Im doing the pcmv now and the clutch kit because I'm going with 14inch rims And 28's all the way around read the info from Hunterworks great info on the Wolvy. The map Is because of emissions from what I have read here. These guys here are awesome with wealth of information.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Call the dealer on the starting issue get that recorded while it's in warranty.
Could be a tight valve shim issue too from what I have come across..which is suggested to be checked at 200 miles in the owners manual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the new buggy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far I have nine hours on her. The squeals and squeaks in the steering and brakes are still there. The odd surge in idling.

I hope that I haven't run it too hard during the break in period.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tons of great information and ideas here. 12" rear tires are pretty standard you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well after the dealer giving me one tire oit of four with the wrong rim size and 10 mm lug nuts instead of 12 mm. I finally got my new shoes on.

It raised her up almost two inches.

Some power loss and a bit of a hydroplaning feeling on the hard gravel roads due to the tire profile.

But still handling pretty good.

Loving the look.

Attachments

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
I should pre read my posts. I meant it takes two tries to start it sometimes.

And the rims are 14s.
If it is hard starting as in you turn the key and it will not turn the engine over, kind of like the battery is week or the switch has a dead spot then there is a good chance that the decompression spring has come loose or was never installed. It is a very easy fix once you have the bed and heat shield removed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the compression spring tip. I'm at fifteen hours now and its starting better.

As for shiny...well it was wet from me rinsing it off lol. Plus it brand new lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts