Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a few questions. I recently bought a new R-spec after riding it a couple of times I noticed I was in need of more ground clearance. I have put a two inch lift and a set of 28x10r12 blackwater evolutions. I am close to pulling the Tigger on a complete hunterworks set up and possibly power commander. Really wanted to get some reviews from anyone that is running close to the same set up. I ride mostly east Tennessee and western North Carolina so a lot of mountain riding. New to the forums so any help would be awesome .

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, I'm running some heavy Mega Mayhems with the full setup. It works really well.. gained in the low end and top end with much better throttle response throughout. Have the full setup with Hunterworks sheave with 18g weights, gold spring in the secondary, slippery washers and the wet clutch slug kit.

I've put up quite a few video's of me testing the setup. Guess this would be a good place to consolidate them.

Slug test- No more herky jerky with the clutch engaging and disengaging in the 0-2 mph range.

Little hill test-

Big hill test-

Top Speed test this is on stock tires.. maxes around 57 with Mega's but GPS shows 61-

Mud Hole wheel speed test-

Trail --sloppy mud. My buddy following me in the Wolverine.. this the first sxs he's driven. I'm in the YXZ.

Guess that's about it. I'm really impressed with the Wolverine and what it can do with this setup.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I have the full setup with Hunterworks sheave, 18g weights, gold spring secondary, slippery washers, wet clutch slug kit and PC-V as well. I will be doing plenty of testing this coming weekend. From what lil riding I have done around my place I am happy with it but haven't had a chance to test it in the rocks or on the hills. Thursday can't come quick enough...

Tinken, what is difference about your new mapping vs what I got preloaded from HW? I may be interested in giving it a try.

Reactions: Smith89

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Definitely want to do the slug kit while you are in there. Gets rid of the herky jerky low speed stuff.. Like when loading in on a trailer or slow rock climbs. Gives an instant engagement when you give it gas instead of it reving a little then moving. Also, it'll help the internal wet clutch live longer since it isn't slipping as much and grabbing with greater force.

·
Engineer
1,914 Posts
I added accel programming, reworked the map to accept the accel function (you can't just toss it on), added fuel beyond the basic linear progression, added fuel on top for extended high rpm cruising and softened the ignition curve to be less harsh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.