Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belong to several Facebook groups but have never posted anything there, it's really not my thing. I did frequently visit said groups but most of the posts were "what tires are those" or "what's the best SXS for me" or... well, you get my point. Considering FB's most recent assault on our first amendment, I decided the small amount of content that actually had value wasn't a good tradeoff for continued support of a platform that is so clearly against everything I believe. I'm out!!

Massive Overkill's FB groups were the most informative of the bunch. He posts all of his stuff on this forum so I still benefit from his knowledge and expertise without giving a dime to Mr. Zuckerberg. That's not to mention the other talented contributors who share so much good information on this message board without the condescension and smart-ass remarks so prevalent on Facebook.

A couple of days ago I discovered a few brave soles were willing to challenge Goliath and started these groups over here:

MeWe Wolverines
MeWe RMAX addicts

I know, it's like moving deck chairs on the Titanic but you gotta start somewhere. I was already signed in, don't have any social media "friends" that I will alienate, so it was painless for me. Those of you active on FB with friends and family probably don't want another platform to visit but I wanted to share the links none the less. Now if I could only find an viable alternative to Google and YouTube.

Mike

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
978 Posts
Agreed, decisions need to be made, and people need to make them.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You forgot "what stereo to buy", " will these 42x9R20 fit my stock wheels", "where did you get power for your whips from" and the several times a day on KRX groups " what do I need to do to run 35's"

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,001 Posts
I don't discourage the other options but it's going to take some time before MeWe has the same functionality as FB. I'm hoping that we'll be in for a good surprise by the 20th and hopefully if we do get good news, antitrust laws can be pursued to break up these conglomerates into smaller entities so we can have our cake and eat it too.

It just goes to show you the benefit of a forum over using a social media site for info. Social media is great for fellowship and instant gratification, but as you can see, it has its drawbacks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Impeachment.... I agree,,, That's my FAVORITE flavor of Old Smokey Moonshine!!! Why is congress just now voting on that!!??

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I agree with everyone of you! I ve never had a Facebook account, I’ve always considered it to be the same as taking drugs. I will NEVER do it. My wife doesn’t either. I live a simple drama free life and since it’s the way the world seems to communicate now I do miss out on some things but my people know if they want me informed there are other ways.
Im to the point that it pains me to even use Google but it’s tough not to in today’s world!

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
272 Posts
I'm going to check out MeWe, I deleted FB 3 years ago and recently killed my Twatter account, yes I said Twatter , aside from feeling cooped up at times because of the lockdowns due to the obvious biohazard bioweapon I enjoy the forums but don't miss FB or T at all !

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
These companies that want to sensor our 1st amendment rights and actually have a political agenda that they are trying so hard to force on the legal American Citizen is criminal, no different than the Communist Propaganda that goes on in China, Russia, Cuba, Columbia, Venezuela, and many other countries that are governed by a dictator. The best way to combat them is where it hurts them most --- financially. Using their services is continuing their power. What made them the companies they are, they have completely lost site of and with nothing else for them to accomplish they are now trying to see how far they can go with controlling the American public. It starts small and then progresses to bigger and bigger things and next thing you know you wake up one morning and your are now controlled by a party that stays in power and puts their private interest before anything else and controlling the American Citizen is required for them to stay in power and further their personal interest.

1st thing I expect to happen is for gun control, 1st with any military type guns and all large capacity clips, including for pistols and then there will be a 2nd step to try to take it further. It doesn't take much common sense to understand that this would do absolutely nothing to stop the mass shootings across our country especially in our larger towns like Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York which are run by weak individuals that are not leaders, just power mongers. You have to ask yourself if we know it won't stop the violence in these poorly run and managed cities where shootings are out of control then what is the real reason for wanting gun control. I think we all know the real reason.

Congress has crossed the line where the old timers there have made themselves filthy rich on a $200,000 salary and no longer truly have their voters best interest at heart. They will never pass any laws to limit their terms, so it is up to us, "the American Voter" to stop re-electing these Congressional men and women. The job is an elected position to represent the people, NOT A LIFELONG CAREER. Personally, I will no longer vote for any elected incumbent who has been in office for more than 2 CONSECUTIVE TERMS.

So much for my soap box, but our country is going to change from what we have known sense it was founded and ruled by a Constitution and Bill of Rights. Some people want to twist the words to further their financial lifestyle that they have created for themselves but is threatened by someone that is for the common good of the LEGAL American. Stop supporting these business that want to sensor what we can and can't say and/or want to force a political agenda upon us and that goes for both Democrat and Republican agendas.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
272 Posts
These companies that want to sensor our 1st amendment rights and actually have a political agenda that they are trying so hard to force on the legal American Citizen is criminal, no different than the Communist Propaganda that goes on in China, Russia, Cuba, Columbia, Venezuela, and many other countries that are governed by a dictator. The best way to combat them is where it hurts them most --- financially. Using their services is continuing their power. What made them the companies they are, they have completely lost site of and with nothing else for them to accomplish they are now trying to see how far they can go with controlling the American public. It starts small and then progresses to bigger and bigger things and next thing you know you wake up one morning and your are now controlled by a party that stays in power and puts their private interest before anything else and controlling the American Citizen is required for them to stay in power and further their personal interest.

1st thing I expect to happen is for gun control, 1st with any military type guns and all large capacity clips, including for pistols and then there will be a 2nd step to try to take it further. It doesn't take much common sense to understand that this would do absolutely nothing to stop the mass shootings across our country especially in our larger towns like Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York which are run by weak individuals that are not leaders, just power mongers. You have to ask yourself if we know it won't stop the violence in these poorly run and managed cities where shootings are out of control then what is the real reason for wanting gun control. I think we all know the real reason.

Congress has crossed the line where the old timers there have made themselves filthy rich on a $200,000 salary and no longer truly have their voters best interest at heart. They will never pass any laws to limit their terms, so it is up to us, "the American Voter" to stop re-electing these Congressional men and women. The job is an elected position to represent the people, NOT A LIFELONG CAREER. Personally, I will no longer vote for any elected incumbent who has been in office for more than 2 CONSECUTIVE TERMS.

So much for my soap box, but our country is going to change from what we have known sense it was founded and ruled by a Constitution and Bill of Rights. Some people want to twist the words to further their financial lifestyle that they have created for themselves but is threatened by someone that is for the common good of the LEGAL American. Stop supporting these business that want to sensor what we can and can't say and/or want to force a political agenda upon us and that goes for both Democrat and Republican agendas.
Amen !!!

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
978 Posts

Amen brother, been biting my tongue trying not to get political in here, but now you let the dogs out. All the tech giants and social media magnates are pretty much scum, not to mention our elected officials who have not represented the peoples interests. Now "patriots" are domestic terrorists because they say so, and need to be cancelled.

That and their talk of "insurrection", a big word they like to throw around. The real fascists in this country have no idea what an insurrection is, but they may find out when they push to far. Antifa, BLM, and Black Bloc have been allowed to commit ACTUAL insurrection, with none of the (fake) outrage exhibited recently. Also the many unconstitutional laws and mandates in some fascist controlled cities like DC, such as you can't practice your 2nd.amendment rights if you are practicing your first amendment rights is nonsense.

There are millions of us that have also been sworn to protect and defend the constitution from ALL enemies foreign and domestic, and take that oath seriously, unlike some of our elected officials. We will not allow it, and we will not fail. We need to be smart, persistent, and organized much better. And, try to make it all happen peacefully. Be smart, we are under great scrutiny.

"Be nice, until it's time not to be nice."

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,001 Posts
Dumped Instagram, YouTube and Google last night. Facebook owns Instagram if anyone didn’t know. Not sure where I will post videos, or if I will bother. The tech is the best in forums anyway.
Try Rumble

·
Registered
2021 X4
179 Posts
Facebook is Satan's portal from the underworld..... Nothing good comes from there.
So true, in 2020 FB nearly completely ruined my life, never again will I be on Satan's cruise ship.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Freedom of speech and the first amendment have nothing to do with it. I'm surprised at the number of people who claim to be patriots yet haven't even read the first amendment. Private companies get to choose who they do business with. Think of Facebook as a bakery and Trump as a guy wanting to buy a gay wedding cake. Facebook, Twitter, etc, are allowed to choose not to serve seditious traitors. Conservatives used to believe that private companies could make decisions like this. But this current crop of traitors aren't real conservatives - they're cult followers.

I don't use Facebook because arguing politics with your relatives online is silly. I don't use Twitter because if your political ideal can be expressed in 140 characters you're not a very deep thinker. Life is just fine without them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A private company or "platform" has every right to pick and choose who they do business with. Facebook's immunity under section 230 C vanished when they become a publisher and began making editorial choices. They selectively ban/remove content which doesn't align with their political ideologies which is in violation of the First Amendment. The Communication Decency Act was passed to promote open dialog and communication. FB, Twitter, etc. needs to clarify if they are a platform or publisher, they can’t have it both ways and claim that Section 230 C immunity is necessary to protect free speech, while they shape, control, and censor the speech on their platforms.

Mike

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,001 Posts
There's also antitrust laws. Multiple companies ganging up against a smaller entity is clearly violation of these rules.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.