Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I took a trip to Southern West Virginia with some friends this past weekend. We stayed at the freshly renovated Wagon Wheel Resort, near Crumpler, West Virginia.
wagon wheel.JPG
I took the Wolverine and our friends were in a 900XP 4-seater. My wife has been there with me on our Grizzlies once before and our friends had never been there. I did my best to show them around the Indian Ridge and Pocohontas systems, as well as the Outlaw Trails. I hate to say I was impressed with the Wolverine because I expect a lot from it, but I was indeed impressed. We ran over rocks, hills, streams, mud, you name it. The Wolverine never hesitated to go anywhere I pointed it. I will also say that I have been over those trails many times on my Grizzly and was always worn out by the end of the day. Not the case in the Wolverine. It was comfortable all day!
Day one we rode mostly Outlaw trails and a little of Indian Ridge.

The second day we rode up over the mountain to the Pocohontas system. We hit some Outlaw stuff over that way, rode into Bramwell and hit the Corner Diner for lunch. Then we rode back to the Indian Ridge system, did some playing around over there before heading back. On the way back, I took them through Soggy Bottoms and then up to the Ghost Mine before heading back to the wagon Wheel.

And after burying the RZR going through Soggy Bottoms, Chris and his girlfriend took a bath in Pinnacle Creek to get the heavy mud off, LOL!

Overall we put on around 200 miles and enjoyed every minute!
I’ll post more pictures when I get them from my wife and the other couple that went with us.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Very Nice. I love riding those trails. The 3rd picture down, if it is where I am thinking of, the hole to the right of those two logs is deep as hell...like WHOA. We took the wolverine down there this summer and rode with James from JBS. He showed us quite a few good outlaw trails. Put 100 miles on in one day lol. I cant wait to go back.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fordtruckman, you are correct. There was a group ahead of us at that hole and one guy was wearing waders. He was at least 6 foot tall and it was ball deep on him. There's one heck of a ledge just after you get in it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hammer, I live 35 minutes from the cabin you stayed in. My group of about 12 usually makes 10 trips a year there. Very good riding. As a home owner in southern West Virginia, they're tons of trails like the wagon wheel area, that are even better and free. Got to love southern wv

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been there about 10 times in the last few years. Great place to ride.
Which direction are you from there? 35 minutes isn't very far on those roads, lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Outstanding pictures Hammer. We're going there October 7-11 can't wait

·
Registered
385 Posts
No trail fest is at Rockhouse we rode there two weeks ago. Very nice just too much green. My very favorite is Buffalo mountain.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have never been to trail fest either, supposed to be a great event. Lots of mud boggs and factory demos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hammer, if I go in on crumpler road side it takes about an hour. I go in on pinnacle side which is about 35 minutes from my house in Bolt, West Virginia.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I usually get off of 77 at the Athens exit, then go through Matoaka up to the blue store and then over the mountain to wagon wheel road

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hay HAMMER just got back today from 4 days at the same 3 trail systems, no sense in posting my pics cause there just about the same as yours. But I couldn't agree more my wolverine preformed flawlessly . What I put that machine through was unbelievable we did most water and mud at Pocahontas
all hills at Indian Ridge and Pinnacle. We rode 385 miles in the 4 days and 2 long night rides. The ride as you know is so great ,they can rave about Fox Shocks and how great they are, but the ones that came on it couldn't be better and that's what I will replace them with when needed. I will post a video of me pulling my buddy's Razor out of two mud holes that I cruised right through.. I only saw one blue wolverine over the 4 days but didn't get to talk to him. All the trails were in great shape going to Buffalo Mountain in two weeks.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I absolutely loved my wolverine on those trails!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts