Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yall got me kinda hung up on this spare tire deal, so was tring to find a good way to haul it, where I could take it off and keep it out of the way, heres what I come up with, but my question is, is it too much, to ugly?, I have all this stuff layed around my shop so I just threw it up there with a c clamp to see what yall think, got the receiver, got the insert, got some 1in tubing to run it up behind tail gate, make it look like a jeep:),, I fabbed my own bumper a few weeks ago so I got something to weld too, I will weld a set screw in receiver that I can tighten down to keep it from moving,rattling. heres what I'm thankin where I can pull it off during deer season wolf6.JPG fab.jpg fab1.jpg to much? or not, ideas accepted...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and yes bumper is very strong it will hold the weight no problem, just not sure if iit will look right having 2 recievers back there..

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I feel sure you will find many more uses for that hitch when you get it in, They make so many attachments for a 2" receiver and besides - - - it's your machine!! make yourself HAPPY:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel sure you will find many more uses for that hitch when you get it in, They make so many attachments for a 2" receiver and besides - - - it's your machine!! make yourself HAPPY:)
its my machine but I tend to overdo things sometimes, after seeing the toilet deal, I'm about ready to bail on it:D

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Hey don't laugh at the bumper dumper. My riding buddy has a prosthetic leg and he carries a similar seat (no bucket). Beats squatting over a log. (pun intended)

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
go with what you like. I made mine hinge and removes easily with a pin.
Very nice. Did you make the bumper yourself too? This is what I had in mind when walters was describing the "Jeep" look. Do you have issues with rattling? Or is the locking pin a snug fit? Any other pics from a side view?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did build the bumper, i think its 1x4 1/8 wall tubing. I can get some better pics tomorrow. It does have some wiggle but not much, ID like to find something that uses a tapered bearing to get a tighter fit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks on the compliments. I've been a fab/welder for about 12 years now and love doing it, especially when it's for myself :cool:
thanks for sharing that chumbley1216, I think I like your idea better than the hitch I had planned on using, thanks for all ideas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts