Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
955 Posts
I buy oil by the case. Always have. I usually buy 3 filters and reuse the crush washers. I try and buy when I find a deal but usually just another case when I'm low

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
This was what my dealers main mechanic recommended. Said if I was planning to change at regular intervals synthetic wasn’t necessary and he pointed out the full synthetic actually wasn’t the recommended oil for the RMAX. He did say that either oil would be perfectly fine so I’d run what I preferred honestly. If synthetic makes you more at ease then it certainly won’t hurt anything. And yes they did also have the synthetic on the shelf so it wasn’t a sell me what they have in stock scenario. View attachment 103105
I do believe the biggest thing is to service things ! For the past 30 years I have been using synthetic I have seen some of the comparison tests witch made a believer to me. But I DEFINITELY believe that the best thing is to make sure and service them as recommended. ( or sometimes even a pinch sooner then recommended) (Ride on) 😎👍

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow that's a heck of a good deal. Do you mind giving me the information on that dealer? I'll see if maybe I can order that material. (Ride on)😎👍
You’ll never get that price! They would sell it to you for regular price plus shipping would be high. I’m personal friends with the owner 18 yrs and bought multiple units from him.I probably should have bought multiple kits at that time since price of fuel/oil going up I doubt I’ll ever get that price again!

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Buy 1 qt and the rest of the time buy by the gallon. Its usually cheaper by the gallon. Reuse the qt bottle for measuring out how much you pour in.
Thankyou for the tip. That's how I have gotten my Amsoil also became a preferred customer with Amsoil cost $ 20 a year but they would take over 30% off. With 2 ATV'S a boat and a truck and jeep still would save over $ 150 a year. This time I will go with synthetic Yamaha brand but after this service I will probably switch my Rmax sport over to Amsoil also before I do that I just want to make sure that will be ok with my BEST Warranty. (Ride on)😎👍

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I did get a hold of B.E.S.T. Warranty and they said as long as Amsoil fluids meat or (BEAT) original fluids that come in the Rmax sport they were good with me using those fluids. Not only that but Amsoil also will back up their fluids from any damage. I know a warranty is only as good as the company backing it. But what do you,all think about Amsoil 🤔😎👍(Ride on)

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
The front and rear diff and transmission all use the same 80w90 gear lube! I see you have two different ones in your pic.
Yes you can use the same gear oil if you want . But the others are specifically designed for their use for tranny dif and motor oil.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 XTR
54 Posts
I asked Amsoil about the front, rear and transmission...they said to run the transmission and diff fluid in all.

"Thank you for contacting AMSOIL with your question.

Either one of those products could be used, however we would recommend the ATV/UTV Transmission and Differential Fluid (AUDT) for those types of applications. The Severe Gear 80W90 is our "basic" gear oil and would not have as good of film strength and cold temperature properties compared to the AUDT. As far as grease, the Synthetic Water Resistant Grease (GWRCR) would be the best one to go with.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
Ryan Lawrey
Technical Services Representative II

AMSOIL INC."

Reactions: Old man

·
Premium Member
40 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Great timing. I just ordered a similar set of these off Ebay for $16 to replace the barely audible horn that came with my horn kit. Had some good and some bad reviews so I took a chance. Can you share a picture of how you mounted them?

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
I asked Amsoil about the front, rear and transmission...they said to run the transmission and diff fluid in all.

"Thank you for contacting AMSOIL with your question.

Either one of those products could be used, however we would recommend the ATV/UTV Transmission and Differential Fluid (AUDT) for those types of applications. The Severe Gear 80W90 is our "basic" gear oil and would not have as good of film strength and cold temperature properties compared to the AUDT. As far as grease, the Synthetic Water Resistant Grease (GWRCR) would be the best one to go with.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
Ryan Lawrey
Technical Services Representative II

AMSOIL INC."
Nice. I will check into that. Wounder if that applies in hot climate? (Ride on) 😎👍

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Great timing. I just ordered a similar set of these off Ebay for $16 to replace the barely audible horn that came with my horn kit. Had some good and some bad reviews so I took a chance. Can you share a picture of how you mounted them?
Still in the process of mounting them myself as soon as I finish I will post some pictures they are definitely loud😳👍(Ride on)😎👍

281 - 300 of 321 Posts