Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what type of light bar I want to put on my Wolverine. I like the setup that Epic has because the indent on the roof is a perfect spot and it looks great. I also like the 50" one that Darledge has mounted.
If you have extra lighting installed on your machine would you post some pics to show it off and help me make a decision.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Im putting a 14" one on mine very similar to what epic has. Fabbed up an aluminum bracket to go from the roll bar to the plastic to stiffen it up. I'll post some pics when I get it mounted this weekend.

I'm going with one on the roof because I take so much mud and water on front that if I had one mounted like that 50" I'd have to keep cleaning it for it to be effective.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I'll post up details on mine tonight, don't think I have any pics at work. I bought a 20" though and mounted it on the hood. It's wonderfully bright. I also put rear-facing lights on for reverse too. I'll look ad see if I have any pics on my phone.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Here's what I did with a 14" LED bar. Man this thing is Awesome check out the pics from with high beams on and the LED bar!! I can't wait to get it out riding at night. I just made am aluminum bracket that uses 2 u-bolts to bolt to the roll bar and then bolts through the roof, makes it pretty rigid

I actually usually ride with it on during the day as well. All of our trails are two way that are carved out of the woods and with that LED on the roof people coming toward you pick you up so much faster.

IMG_20150619_222402104_HDR.jpg IMG_20150619_222511243_HDR.jpg IMG_20150620_111342730.jpg IMG_20150620_111351178.jpg .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! That second picture looks like it was taken in the daytime. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
OK I am sorry I was so damn swamped with stuff this weekend I only got a quick pic of the installation, no shots of it lit up. I can promise it's just as bright as these guys. Here is the light bar in the front, and here are the back up lights. I used this wiring harness for the front bar, and this one for the back. I had to add about 2-3 feet of wire inline for the rear lights, the harness wasn't quite long enough. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I was so damn busy this weekend. IMG_20150621_113213980.jpg IMG_20150526_061138871.jpg IMG_20150526_061154284.jpg IMG_20150526_061201348.jpg

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Funny thing is I was actually looking at those exact same lights for mine to use as backup lights

OK I am sorry I was so damn swamped with stuff this weekend I only got a quick pic of the installation, no shots of it lit up. I can promise it's just as bright as these guys. Here is the light bar in the front, and here are the back up lights. I used this wiring harness for the front bar, and this one for the back. I had to add about 2-3 feet of wire inline for the rear lights, the harness wasn't quite long enough. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I was so damn busy this weekend. View attachment 549 View attachment 550 View attachment 551 View attachment 552

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I would get them if you are even thinking about it. For the price, they could last a year and I would be happy. They are very bright for the size, and where I mounted them they give enough light in the back to act as work lights in case someone gets a flat tire on the trail at night, with out blinding you like the light bar up front would.

·
Registered
395 Posts
14 inch like epic has is the way to go. Small and powerful. Unless you ride only at night, that really looks like it will suffice.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Epic/BlueEyes does that location on the roof vibrate the light much? I seen a support on the backside of the roof which is smart, I was looking at the roof location and thought it seemed a little flimsy for a bit of weight

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
14 inch like epic has is the way to go. Small and powerful. Unless you ride only at night, that really looks like it will suffice.
I think the 14" one I have is more than enough for riding at night

·
Registered
575 Posts
Epic/BlueEyes does that location on the roof vibrate the light much? I seen a support on the backside of the roof which is smart, I was looking at the roof location and thought it seemed a little flimsy for a bit of weight
No it's great,,I believe we both braced then from the bottom. My brace presses against the front of the roll bar so the weight of the light doesn't cause the roof to sag, and no bouncing either.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No it's great,,I believe we both braced then from the bottom. My brace presses against the front of the roll bar so the weight of the light doesn't cause the roof to sag, and no bouncing either.
Thanks for all the pics guys... I am going with the 14". Any chance you could post a pic of how you mounted yours epic?

Blueeyes, where can I get a set of those side mirrors?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 75 Posts