Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a like-new, used RMAX 1000 XTR with less than 200 miles on it, great price. Here's the problem, the original 6 mo. Yamaha factory warranty just expired. I know you can buy the Yamaha YES 4-year Extended Warranty with no problems during the initial 6 months, but what about after? I know the dealer would still probably sell it to me, but with it being out of warranty, what hoops and BS would they make me jump through to get it? Physical on-site inspection? Service records? Etc...

I'm seriously considering this unit, but only if I can get the Yamaha's YES extended warranty for it. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Ed

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 1000,
21 Posts
Go to there web site, type in the VIN number and see if it’s able to get the warranty. If yea, call several dealers and get the best price.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If it’s a good buy, good price, why wouldn’t it be worth it without the extended warranty? I’m not a big fan of extended warranties you rarely get your money’s worth out of them.

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the extended warranty, never used it, but would buy it again. You do need to document the maintenance.

It is nearly all profit for dealers so you should be able to significantly talk them down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Your probably not wrong, but you should call a dealer to verify it. If they want your money bad enough they may even back date it.

Reactions: Wally85
1 - 6 of 6 Posts