Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 LE
55 Posts
There are some nice features but I agree, it seems way over priced. Even the exhaust tip for the stock muffler at ~$90 is expensive. I guess it's just the norm.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Coming from a Honda GP engine distributor, I can easily say that price is not out of line. We would pay over $200 for a standard steel muffler kit for a Honda V-Twin engine. We would sell them to dealers for about $250.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Why though? You can get all new exhaust for a truck installed where I live for around $250 for true dual exhaust. Its more for stainless but still that's a lot more material and skill for a lot less money.
Good question, maybe these mufflers are built in much smaller numbers and because they have to be a whole lot stronger. And in the case of the mufflers I sold, they have to be certified by CARB and the EPA.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
These are all a big steel cans with two holes in them. No routing baffles, spark arester on one end and mini catalytic collar on the inboard end. Not even stainless. I'd never pay those prices if it failed.

Reactions: Snowballs

·
Registered
2021 X4 -2021 Kodiak 700- and 2 2021 PW50's
391 Posts
Why though? You can get all new exhaust for a truck installed where I live for around $250 for true dual exhaust. Its more for stainless but still that's a lot more material and skill for a lot less money.
This is how I feel about the entire unit, I can sit in my loaded ram 1500 then my rzr and realize that I almost paid the same price.... makes no sense.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Get on jegs and look up stainless steel mufflers. There 100s on there and many under $100. I wouldn't think it would be more than another $100 to have an exhaust shop to make and weld the tabs and mounting flange. The spark arrestor is one thing I did not find. I'd be careful though as and open design like these will probably move the torque band up and you'll give up some low end.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,031 Posts
Get on jegs and look up stainless steel mufflers. There 100s on there and many under $100. I wouldn't think it would be more than another $100 to have an exhaust shop to make and weld the tabs and mounting flange. The spark arrestor is one thing I did not find. I'd be careful though as and open design like these will probably move the torque band up and you'll give up some low end.
Ya, it has a spark arrester. The marketing has been limited to You Tubers...
Install vid and decibel difference between stock and this after market product.

Rmax 1000 RPM Performance Muffler Install And Stock Muffler Comparison

Reactions: Geo

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Ya, it has a spark arrester. The marketing has been limited to You Tubers...
Install vid and decibel difference between stock and this after market product.

Rmax 1000 RPM Performance Muffler Install And Stock Muffler Comparison
It sounds so much better with the RPM, as long as the noise is not a problem for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts