Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just my new wolverine or does anyone else notice the exhaust with a really nice red glow to it at nighttime which im sure its during the daylight as well.. its just really noticeable at night time though?

·
Registered
388 Posts
its everybody's i believe it has to do with how lean the engine runs. not a problem I've talked to dealers and everyone else about it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Common issue for years. I haven't noticed on my Wolvie, but I had an 04 YFZ 450 that was gone over by a reputable shop to make sure the jetting and everything was ok and that pipe got a pretty good glow every time out. It was so bad that even on short, quick rides I made sure to wear my riding pants because a couple of times I had a "sunburn" on my leg when I just wore jeans.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had my exhaust header wrapped and it helped quite a bit, but it since then has fell off and fell apart, now no exhaust wrap. It def did not last as long as I thought it would

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had my exhaust header wrapped and it helped quite a bit, but it since then has fell off and fell apart, now no exhaust wrap. It def did not last as long as I thought it would
yeah i ended up taking mine off...... now i never think about the exhaust hehe

·
Registered
347 Posts
You ever check the temp of the rear diff with it off Chief? I had a rear left inner CV boot leaking grease a couple weeks ago and wondered if it was from the severe heat we were running them through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts