Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread for discussing this issue and it's fixes.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I remember someone talking about this problem in another thread but I couldn't find it. I don't exactly know where I lost this but I'm pretty sure I probably blew it off at the car wash cleaning the mud off of the RMAX after my ride the other day. I didn't actually notice it was gone until the day after. I went back to the car wash to see if I could find it but I'm sure I rinsed it down the grate with the ton of mud that came off my ride. Sucks if they really fall out that easy though. I know my RMAX is still under warranty and I'm sure Yamaha would replace it but when I looked it up online my local Yamaha shop had them for $1.50. So I bought 3 just to have extras. At this price it wasn't worth my time to take it in to show them. If anyone has a fix to stop them from falling out please post it up.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yah, simple stuff like that pisses me off, lol...I tried velcro under them, they still fall off, lost one and stole one from the bed to replace it. Glued them on with a bead of black silicone now. Right on the outside, a bead on one edge.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha. I don't think I have any to take from in the back of the 4 seater but I've never really looked either. I'll check tomorrow. I may have to use some silicone myself. I know Yamaha lurks around the forum so maybe starting a thread for this alone was a good idea. Hopefully they'll see this and change the covers to fit more securely.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
429 Posts
Numerous utube review vids have one missing as well. guess they're not attached that great. As a 32 year helicopter guy, small details are often significant to me. Those plugs and the drivers side door not lining up really bring out the OCD in me.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I simply pry the tabs out more so they engage the slots better.
Ok. Sounds simple. Have any fell out again after doing that? I haven't pulled one of the others off to see the tabs at all and exactly just how they fastened to the cover. Was kinda worried about causing others to become loose so I was going to wait until the new ones I ordered came in and then examine them well and makes any necessary modifications. Good to know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always make sure they are pushed over towards the two-tab side and haven't had any issues. I always check them after I wash/wipe down the machine-so far, so good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gotcha. I don't think I have any to take from in the back of the 4 seater but I've never really looked either. I'll check tomorrow. I may have to use some silicone myself. I know Yamaha lurks around the forum so maybe starting a thread for this alone was a good idea. Hopefully they'll see this and change the covers to fit more securely.
Do you have the part number handy for those?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Administrator
2,794 Posts
Ok. Sounds simple. Have any fell out again after doing that? I haven't pulled one of the others off to see the tabs at all and exactly just how they fastened to the cover. Was kinda worried about causing others to become loose so I was going to wait until the new ones I ordered came in and then examine them well and makes any necessary modifications. Good to know.
I haven't lost one yet on my RMAX4, but when I retrofitted the X2 muffler cover to my X4 I did the same thing and never lost one.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
They look basically the same as on my gen 1, and if so you could heat them with a heat gun on the backside and spread the lip out to make them tighter. After I heat a plastic piece sometimes I will mist it with some water and it sets it immediately, ready to go.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Plastic fantastic, Just leave your buggy covered in mud like I do. You wont notice it anymore...lol...

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah, simple stuff like that pisses me off, lol...I tried velcro under them, they still fall off, lost one and stole one from the bed to replace it. Glued them on with a bead of black silicone now. Right on the outside, a bead on one edge.
So I did have a row of 3 of them along the back edge of the bed on my 4 seater. I stole the middle one and moved it to the exhaust for now. First time I ever removed one. Those things come off way too easy. I cant believe that there is no vertical kick up on the two tips of the double side to hold them in. Being that it's just a slide back and forth to remove I can't believe these things stay in at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts