Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am picking up my new Alpine White Wolverine a week from tomorrow! Wahoo I'm pumped! But was curious are the Wolverines and other newer utvs more tolerant of ethanol fuel? I had 2 Rhinos and the didnt like it , always ran premium non ethanol in them . I just was thinking maybe powersports engines were catching up to automotive .

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I try to run non-ethanol but have to go way out of my way to get it. So, I actually run both and no problems so far. It gets ran almost daily though. Now if I let it sit without running for extended periods, I would make sure to get non-ethanol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with Deeyoh. If you put ethanol in your tank and it is going to stay for more than a few weeks, use a fuel treatment made for ethanol. Yamaha Fuel Stabilizer & Conditioner PLUS
is Strongly recommended for E-10 fuels, this alcohol-free formula helps prevent fuel oxidation and phase separation from moist, rich air. When used continuously, it keeps fuel fresh, potent and free from gum and varnish for up to one year of storage.
Its metal filmers provide extensive protection for steel and aluminum components. Ethanol is tough on your entire fuel system, it doesn't matter which brand or machine you own.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ive had great success ising SeaFoam in all my motors and jerry cans. Have 3-4 bottles in my shop all the time. Been using it for yrs.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm sure they test them with the typical E10 fuel as that is what most places have.

The guy that brings the fuel to our WV trips brings avgas for everyones machines but he is a little out there :).

·
Banned
420 Posts
So I am picking up my new Alpine White Wolverine a week from tomorrow! Wahoo I'm pumped! But was curious are the Wolverines and other newer utvs more tolerant of ethanol fuel? I had 2 Rhinos and the didnt like it , always ran premium non ethanol in them . I just was thinking maybe powersports engines were catching up to automotive .
Congrats!!!! I pick mine up tomorrow. Also alpine white.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts