Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I let mine idle for 5-6 minutes the EPS light comes on and there is no steering assist until I put in in gear and move the machine, (or if I turn it off and restart it) then the light goes out and everything works fine. Does anyone know if that is a normal function to protect the EPS system, or something else??
Also, does anyone know the purpose of the "lean angle sensor"??

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
If I let mine idle for 5-6 minutes the EPS light comes on and there is no steering assist until I put in in gear and move the machine, (or if I turn it off and restart it) then the light goes out and everything works fine. Does anyone know if that is a normal function to protect the EPS system, or something else??
I cannot offer any advice here, I have never experience this before. I need to get my hands on a service manual...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you ever solve the EPS light problem?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hasnt happened since, I believe the manual says the system can lessen the steering assist (light comes on) if theres a lot of slow speed heavy steering because of heat build-up in the power unit???? Dont know if I worded that correct and I dont have the owners manual in front of me.
Doing a search, I found someone else that said his light would come on (Viking machine) if he idled for extensive amount of time, but worked fine when it was in use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.