Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am curious as to what everyone is seeing for your maximum coasting speed in mph. with engine braking down an average type hill (somewhat steep but nothing extreme) when in 4x4 and everything is stock. Are you down to around 3 mph. or closer to 6 mph.?

Then if someone that has had their sheave machined could give their numbers for a comparison that would be great. Not really sure if a machined sheave helps any on low end torque engine braking on the wolverine or not, or is it more for top end speed? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Deeyoh.
When you say 0-3 mph. are you saying that as long as it is not steep at all (say less than 10 degree decent) it will almost bring you to a stop?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Not a stop but you'll be reading 0 on the speedometer. Just went out and tested on a 10 degree grade. Could feel it pulling me back the whole time and held 0. Never hit the 3.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, good to know. I haven't seen where anyone had put numbers to guantify how much engine braking there is when stock.

·
Vendor
764 Posts
I can't imagine it changing down low, the one way bearing locks the crankshaft to the clutch shaft, I think the sensation would be more down low though with the sheave

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
A snail like animal. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, I got this one figgered out, I see the brass weights in the wt clutch shoes. Cool idea. I also figgered out how the CVT is really doing its gig. Also very cool how much you can learn in 15 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts