Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, being that the last two days of January were 40+ degrees, my gf and I decided to go for a ride 50 miles thru the trail system here in northern WI to our campground where we hooked up with our camper neighbors/friends who were staying the night in their camper. They ended up talking us staying the night at the campground so we could have a few beers. Then the next day we rode back 50 miles to our friend's place where we unloaded the wolverine. Ya just couldn't ask for a better weekend in the middle of winter. Here are a just a few pics of last weekend. Screenshot_2016-02-06-08-09-17.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-08-09-24.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-08-09-55.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-07-59-01.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-07-59-13.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-07-59-34.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-07-59-21.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-07-59-27.png Screenshot_2016-02-06-08-09-30.png

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks like a great time, you got lucky to sneak a ride in in Jan. :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was an absolute blast. And to think that we went camping at the end of January. Highly recommended if the weather is right

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Looks like a great time, you got lucky to sneak a ride in in Jan. :cool:
Why sneak a ride in January? Just get out and go. I think these are more fun in the winter than in the summer. NO DUST! You just have to dress for it.

Reactions: Chazzy4

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I couldn't agree with you more, Roady....

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Agreed! Winter riding is much better. You can see more scenery, less dust, no bugs, less people on the trails and no 100+ degree cab. We actually do not ride much at all May thru August but once Sept hits we try to get out on a trip a month and we are all still camping in tents. The coldest night yet was -5 (f) and we survived lol. Just have to dress for it and have the right gear.

Got to play in a little snow this weekend actually:
IMG_3868.JPG

Reactions: biker-ur2b12

·
Registered
109 Posts
Photo Feb 14, 3 36 14 PM.jpg
Out for a Sunday drive, 16 degrees. Having a little fun turning around on a dead end road. The snow is my favorite! Like they said no heat, no dust, no mud to clean and not too crowded.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
wish i could go for a ride to damb cold for me to go this past weekend -19f. windchill -39f. and the trails are closed for the season. strange year hear basically no snow. or good ice. usually have several feet of snow by now. feel sorry for the people that bought a snow machine.it is the best time of year hear to ride. no dust or mud and does not damage the land as much. vermont needs to get there head out of there a__. when it come to atv trails and snow machine trails. IMG_1700.jpg
couple weekends ago

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
wish i could go for a ride to damb cold for me to go this past weekend -19f. windchill -39f. and the trails are closed for the season. strange year hear basically no snow. or good ice. usually have several feet of snow by now. feel sorry for the people that bought a snow machine.it is the best time of year hear to ride. no dust or mud and does not damage the land as much. vermont needs to get there head out of there a__. when it come to atv trails and snow machine trails.
Can you at least ride the back roads. Michigan recently opened up most of the gravel roads to 25 mph atv travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts