Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to UTV's since the wolverine is my first. My question to the experienced riders is: What do you take along on every ride? I've read about the tire failures, and I don't have a spare. Do most of you keep some sort of tire sealant? The tool kit seems a little weak, should I be carrying more? Should I have a tow-rope? Where is the best place to store and put together a repair kit on the wolverine?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I carry a couple tow straps, winch kit with snatch block, tree saver, etc, a toolbox with some sockets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, and a 12V air pump. I don't have any sealant with me, but I carry a stock tire to use for a spare.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I carry everything but the kitchen sink, lol. I am sure it's too much, but I have used or needed all of it at one time or another. When I go on trips, many times we are a long way from help. And i ride with a variety of machines. Even sometimes coming up on stranded riders along the trail. It's very rare that we can't make some sort of trail side repairs.
Carry electrical tape, zip ties, basic hand tools, a small compressor, lots of tire plugs, etc. I even have a spare belt (never needed it, but just in case) and a complete tie rod assembly for my grizzlies.
Also, on long trips i keep a clean, pre oiled air filter and enough stuff to do an oil change in the trailer just in case I would swamp it on the trail

·
Banned
4 Posts
I would definitely buy or bring one of these tire repair kits!!!! Especially if you have no spare tire. Bought mine at Wally world for around $20. Very handy and it will air tire up too with the included co2 tanks.
I also have a first aid kit and kiddie automotive fire extinguisher. Basic hand tools and winch recovery tools and tow straps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
forgot about this thread, lol
on top of what I already mentioned I carry a small military surplus folding shovel, probably 100" of tow strap, bow shackles, extra oil and antifreeze, hose clamps, first aid kit, extra gloves and goggles, an assortment of metric bolts and nuts (something like this Bolt Hardware Yamaha Track Pack - Chaparral Motorsports) a bottle of glass cleaner and a squeegee, spare tire, spare fuel and anything else I think I might need for that particular trip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts