Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am think about jacks, tow straps, spare tire, food water, gear if stranded over night. I am interested in how you are mounting/stowing when not in use. Right now I am using a old Coleman cooler from back in the 60s for storage. I am thinking of a rack above for lighter items with spare tire/s mounted on the side/s of the supports for the upper rack. Please add pictures.

·
Registered
367 Posts
As far as supplies. I have an air compressor, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tool pack, tire patches and beer.
I could never run a rack on top of the machine or mount anything to the outside as I rub alot of trees and would either get hung up or damage something

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, some tools and a shotgun.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as supplies. I have an air compressor, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tool pack, tire patches and beer.
I could never run a rack on top of the machine or mount anything to the outside as I rub alot of trees and would either get hung up or damage something
Good point on something rubbing if mounted on the sides. I will take that into account when designing the rack. The rack would be just high enough to open the cooler in the bed. I was thinking of using the tie downs in the bed to anchor the frame for the rack.(atv rack) The rack would be just above the cross bar behind the seats. Right now I am using a map and trail markers driving 40 miles south before turning north to head back on a loop trail. A long walk if I break down. Riding during the week I may not see a lot of other people, even now during hunting season. I bet a lot less after. I do have a patch kit and small air compressor etc. The main reason I get a tire wheel package was to be able to have a spare if I get a large hole in the tire. I carry extra gas just in case I get confused on the trail. Water, snacks for a couple days. Warmer clothes going forward. I plan to ride as long as possible in the mtns. until the snow pushes me into the deserts. I think it would be fun to do some 2/3 day trips.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Now that option doesn't seem too bad lets hear it again ride in mountains till snow gets too deep and then will have to switch to the desert to ride all winter.. YOU LUCKY DOG WHEN THE SNOWS COMES IN WV WE USUALL QUIT. TILL SPRING. :cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Right now, I have a cooler with drinks, some snacks up front, toolbox, 12V air pump, and spare tire. I plan on getting some bumpers made at a local fab shop over the winter, and when I send it in there I'm going to look into getting a mount made for my spare that comes off the cage and holds the tire along the top of the bed rail so I have more room in the bed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Lets not forget the snake bite kit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
First aid kit that is easy to get too. A must have for riding trips.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that option doesn't seem too bad lets hear it again ride in mountains till snow gets too deep and then will have to switch to the desert to ride all winter.. YOU LUCKY DOG WHEN THE SNOWS COMES IN WV WE USUALL QUIT. TILL SPRING. :cool:
You guys get more precipitation from one storm then we get in a year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a kit in the bike at all times, even if I am going for a run that I dont lose sight of the house, includes:

compressor, plug kit, fire starter, matches, lighter, few LED lanterns, first aid kit (allergy pills, eye drops, that kinda stuff too) hand and feet warmers, trail marker tape, whistle, toiler paper, and i guarantee i am leaving some important stuff out.

If the runs are longer or over nighters I obviously pack appropriately, spare tire, food, water, clothes, gloves, blankets, etc.

Best advice is a first aid kit, a way to make fire, some lights and the ability to fix tires. If I have the ability to get one tire functional and drag the rest of the bike a mile closer to civilization, I think ive won some kind of battle. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.