Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its not on Elka's website, but when I spoke with the rep, he told me they literally just finished the package for the X4. If you're interested call them up because it's still not on their website.

I ordered stage 2s per the rep's recommendation.... man I can't wait to torch these self levelers. We were at Mines and Meadows this past weekend and in true MM fashion they didn't groom very well after a big holiday weekend. When my daughter and I got home I told my wife that machine will not go back to an ATV park until it has a real suspension on it... I even threatened to sell it LOL!

Now I just play the waiting game.. 10-12 weeks was what I was told. The Walker Evans were in the same boat for the most part

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
That is really good news. Probably means they are available for the X2 shortly as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is they are available for the X2 and just not available on their website. I strongly encourage anyone interested to call them, I've bugged the elka reps quite a bit with various machines I've had... they are always incredibly helpful and won't upsell you to the next "stage" in my experience. I started out interested in stage 3s and he recommended the 2s if I don't jump my machine very often.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Contacted them and they are planning on doing the product launch this week. You can get stage 1-5 for the X2. Ill have to save some money up for these now. It will definitely be worth the upgrade!

Had Walker Evans on my rhino and they were a HUGE upgrade and Works Performance on a King Quad and also a huge upgrade.

·
Registered
371 Posts
They are available for the X2 and the X4 on the website now.

Reactions: Bill_B

·
Registered
187 Posts
Damn these stage 2's are tempting me hard for replacing the rear self levelers on my 2021 x4. Seems like a good value.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just adjustability I believe. and at some stage they come with reservoirs. But it would be best to ask them as the valving inside could be different as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stage 1s are just preload, stage 2s are preload and rebound. Stage 3s add reservoirs, but you don't get rebound, only compression. The tech I spoke with actually recommended stage 2s for me instead of 3s. I was just under $1700 to my door

Glad they finally added them to the website! :)

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X2 RSpec
82 Posts
Stage 1s are just preload, stage 2s are preload and rebound. Stage 3s add reservoirs, but you don't get rebound, only compression. The tech I spoke with actually recommended stage 2s for me instead of 3s. I was just under $1700 to my door

Glad they finally added them to the website! :)
Curious what his recommendation was for the Stage 2. Was that based on your riding style, modifications, etc.,....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I do look forward to your review and I'm glad there is another option on the table. I had such a horrible experience with Elka on my last machine. Hoping they do better for you. Mine came oem on my wildcat but the company themselves was pretty crappy to deal with.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Had them on my Wildcat as well. It wasn't the Elkas that were bad. It was the springs that Wildcat spec'd for them to use. Some of us went to Elka and got their recommended springs that they told Wildcat to use and it was a different animal.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
So its not on Elka's website, but when I spoke with the rep, he told me they literally just finished the package for the X4. If you're interested call them up because it's still not on their website.

I ordered stage 2s per the rep's recommendation.... man I can't wait to torch these self levelers. We were at Mines and Meadows this past weekend and in true MM fashion they didn't groom very well after a big holiday weekend. When my daughter and I got home I told my wife that machine will not go back to an ATV park until it has a real suspension on it... I even threatened to sell it LOL!

Now I just play the waiting game.. 10-12 weeks was what I was told. The Walker Evans were in the same boat for the most part
Any update on how these are working for you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts