Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was wondering where the best spot is to tie my second light bar into the ignition .this harness has a push button on off switch but when i hook up direct to the battery theres a power light on which i dont want on for obvious reasons. the switch on the front light bar is a rocker and dosnt have this issue any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The on off switch has a light that is always on regardless of the light being on/off?

That how I understand it.

Ditch the switch for another rocker.

You could also wire a relay and hook that to the helmet warning light if you want to stick with that switch. So you get power from the battery to light up your light barl but the switch is not in the mix until the ignition is on. Then the switch will light up and control your light. Make sense?

I use all rigid brand buttons. Super rugged with push on/off functionality.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Perfect thanks Wolfie helmet light great idea .and rocker switch has been ordered $_57.JPG this is the switch at issue.its actually the red off light thats lit up

·
Registered
395 Posts
That button looks pretty wimpy anyway ! :) good luck.

The red LED being on wouldn't be an issue but something like a SXS that probably isn't driven every day it will eventually drain your battery. On a truck that you drive all the time, the red light could be on without issue.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I installed an auxiliary fuse box that is controlled by a relay. I only had to tie into the factory wiring once and now I can add accessories that are only powered when the key is on by simply connecting to the box and installing a fuse

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
accessories outlet is key on power. thats where the yamaha winch ties into.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactly .I do have a tender on it as the temps been up and down like a yoyo this winter -25 to 0 every few days and it would drain as im only riding maybe a few hrs a week right now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts