Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They are not made for the Wolverine, Thats why the stickers are ripped off the boxes.
Yep. All jbs makes is and adapter to fit standard springs. If you look on Summit racing there are spring adapters that may work. The trick is knowing what spring rate is needed.

·
Registered
658 Posts
These are the springs that Walker Evans Racing uses on their shocks,

front -https://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-14002500250
rear - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-14002500225s

Eibach 1400.250.0250S 14" x 2.5" I.D. Coil-Over Spring
Eibach 1400.250.0225S 14" x 2.5" I.D. Coil Over Spring

Hopefully someone with the JBS that hasn't install them can measure the spring length

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Awesome DILLIGAF
I figured the numbers would be printed on the springs. <<<<<
Notice the Coilover Spring Rate (lbs/in)
Rear 500 lbs./in
Front 225 lbs./in.
Gives some idea to spring rate.

These are the springs that Walker Evans Racing uses on their shocks,

front - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIo6SQjoST6gIVBBatBh20mgbTEAQYAyABEgIdE_D_BwE
rear - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-14002500225s

Eibach 1400.250.0500S 14" x 2.5" I.D. Coil-Over Spring
Eibach 1400.250.0225S 14" x 2.5" I.D. Coil Over Spring

Hopefully someone with the JBS that hasn't install them can measure the spring length

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
658 Posts
Will figure it some day...lol... Also we still need to figure out the spacer.

Next time I have my appart ill mesure up the rear spacer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just standard Eibach, I figure either 225 or 250s since it take no effort to crank them down for install.

Just a Standard adapter as well, You literally can built this kit with Summit Racing 14" springs ( Made by Eibach BTW lol... ) for less than half what JBS charges.

Id run that 1/2 spacer up front and a 1" in the rear so you dont have to crank down on your preload.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
14" coilovers up front 16" coilovers for the rear. This would eliminate the need for that stupid spacer. and all you would need is the adapter.

Will be playing around with this stuff during the winter. At 50$ a spring from Summit its a cheap mod to try out.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I love following Trail Blazers.

·
Registered
772 Posts
14" coilovers up front 16" coilovers for the rear. This would eliminate the need for that stupid spacer. and all you would need is the adapter.

Will be playing around with this stuff during the winter. At 50$ a spring from Summit its a cheap mod to try out.
So what spring rate for the front and rear? I'd rather not run the stupid spacer either. 14" front and 16" rear with just the adapter. JBS can pound sand now lol. Nice work getting those measurements.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ill do like Walker Evans, 225 up from 250 in the rear and go from there.

Just taking off my preload made my ride today so much better, no more big thump when my rear end lands back on the ground. The Perfex lift might of also helped with that since the shock is more straight up and down as well.

So longer spring will make it that much better in the back.

So Ill have a set of 14" Eibach spring to send to someone for up front once I get the 16's

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry for the junior question but what is wrong with the stock springs? Springs hold the machine up and shocks do the rest of the work right? Unless the sag isn’t right for your weight.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They wear out quickly and the spring rates leave a lot of room for improvement.

Reactions: DILLIGAF

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Just reading this thread again. What part #s are needed to replace the stock KYB springs on an X2? I know JBS sell a kit, but...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Reactions: Paul65 and Ghost23
61 - 78 of 78 Posts