Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I can finially put a decent review on the eibach springs. Got a decent amount of miles on the machine over the last 4 days. I was out of st. Helen Michigan. Very heavily travel area all sand. Since covid groomers have not been out. I will say trails are in the poorest condition I have seen in awhile. Large rolling whoops which no machine will eat up and 6” to 12” chop that seemed never ending. Mainly trail 6. The suspension got put to its maximum test. In The chop it did great in as long as I could get above 30. I ride with can am x3’s, Mavericks, rzr’s. I’m the only Yamaha and non sport machine. I was able to maintain speed with them. The shocks did get really hot and I could tell as they faded once heated. All together with the machine floored and only seeing 35-45 max mph due to the chop the suspension ate it up. The eibach springs are night and day. Not changing a thing on my set up. As far as body roll I did not notice any more even though I gained around 2” of more ground clearance. Handled flat.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They do make a huge improvement. I also overheated my shocks pushing it hard for long period at HMT. They got so hot I'm surprised they survived it.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yea I wish I could put a bigger resi remotely. I’ve never felt the resi shocks get so hot. Could not touch them, they were so hot.

They do make a huge improvement. I also overheated my shocks pushing it hard for long period at HMT. They got so hot I'm surprised they survived it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yea I wish I could put a bigger resi remotely. I’ve never felt the resi shocks get so hot. Could not touch them, they were so hot.
Same. Water was just steaming off them.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just a bit of an update. No springs and no answers from JBS. May not be looking good. Glad I paid with paypal.
I had difficulty getting a reply from JBS. I think I got my springs about 3-4 weeks after I placed the order. It's not the customer service that we are used to or expect.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax2 XTR Someday
134 Posts
I had difficulty getting a reply from JBS. I think I got my springs about 3-4 weeks after I placed the order. It's not the customer service that we are used to or expect.
That's not going to be an option for me. They must have seen my post. When I got back from riding yesterday, I had a missed call and a text that said there was no need to file a paypal claim and my money was refunded. So I guess springs are not an option. I was concerned not angry and responses from JBS on whether or not they were going to be in stock soon was all I was looking for. It has been almost a month I just wanted to know is it going to take 2 days or 2 months.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's not going to be an option for me. They must have seen my post. When I got back from riding yesterday, I had a missed call and a text that said there was no need to file a paypal claim and my money was refunded. So I guess springs are not an option. I was concerned not angry and responses from JBS on whether or not they were going to be in stock soon was all I was looking for. It has been almost a month I just wanted to know is it going to take 2 days or 2 months.
So they have time to scroll through forums, but they don't have time to fulfill orders and give any updates on shipping?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It would be nice if Shock Therapy got on board and started doing springs for you guys that were actually the correct length and offered different rates depending on how much gear you haul so there are no spacer adapters and no preload required for added ride height. As a group you should keep putting some pressure on them.

The Eibachs are a good upgrade for sure but there just something Eibach had on hand already and they’ve been made to work by JBS. I like mine but on the Gen 1 I have to run a 2” lift in the front and not in the back to get similar clearance or no lift up front and preload maxed to get the same thing and that’s with 0 preload in the back and a 1/2 in spacer up front. It’s clearly not the best way to do it but it’s better than stock. Shock Therapy could really do a better job of the spring package!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It might be time for you to change fluids and recharge your shocks.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
It would be nice if Shock Therapy got on board and started doing springs for you guys that were actually the correct length and offered different rates depending on how much gear you haul so there are no spacer adapters and no preload required for added ride height. As a group you should keep putting some pressure on them.

The Eibachs are a good upgrade for sure but there just something Eibach had on hand already and they’ve been made to work by JBS. I like mine but on the Gen 1 I have to run a 2” lift in the front and not in the back to get similar clearance or no lift up front and preload maxed to get the same thing and that’s with 0 preload in the back and a 1/2 in spacer up front. It’s clearly not the best way to do it but it’s better than stock. Shock Therapy could really do a better job of the spring package!
I don't recall mine being that bad. I needed some preload up front and zero in the rear.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I think when I bitched on here about shipping times, I got a call with a ship date the next day.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I don't recall mine being that bad. I needed some preload up front and zero in the rear.
Mine was close to 1.5” higher in the rear. The rear springs required a slight compression to install, the fronts were so short that even with the 1/2” spacer it required about 7/16” of preload just to get a slight resistance on the spring. If the spring had been an inch longer requiring a slight compression for installation then the ride height would have been much better without having the need for spacer or preload which then make the ride quality worse.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Anyone know the specs?
ID / Length / Lbs ??

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mine was close to 1.5” higher in the rear. The rear springs required a slight compression to install, the fronts were so short that even with the 1/2” spacer it required about 7/16” of preload just to get a slight resistance on the spring. If the spring had been an inch longer requiring a slight compression for installation then the ride height would have been much better without having the need for spacer or preload which then make the ride quality worse.
They are not made for the Wolverine, Thats why the stickers are ripped off the boxes.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
My buddies that race just take their shocks to different shops and have them re-valved re-sprung to fit their needs all the time.
They say it's no big deal, just give them the weight of your machine and after some discussion, they'll set you up.
Not a big deal and probably what I'll end up doing one day when I feel the need.
Until then, I'm good.

For those still wanting them, I can't see it being that big of a deal if you have some measurement.
You can call a rep and they should be able to narrow it down pretty quickly. Spacers are easy to come by too.
Anyhow, ride on

Reactions: Paul65
41 - 60 of 78 Posts