Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lady’s and gents I spoke with customer support at eibach today. I expressed my concern for the X2 owners needing a spring option for the resi shocks. As a lot of us are finding the stock springs sag a ton. I have my front preload all the way down and am below stock ground clearance and rears are almost all the way down to maintain stock clearance. He seemed to have no input from us wolverine guys with resi shocks and the need for some good ones. So if we get more guys calling to express our concern for this they might start to consider making an option for us. So give them a call! This would be a cheaper option for what I think are great shocks and not having to buy Walker Evans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If they are like the 708 they are an odd size ID and will need additional adapters.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What does JBS have???
I think it's what you're looking for?????????

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
What does JBS have???
I think it's what you're looking for?????????
They only advertise them and bill your card when you order but they don’t send them!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hoping there is enough interest they make one specific for the resi shocks.
Wherry, there is a company called ShockTherapy that made an Eibach spring kit for the Gen1 before Jbs did.
Due to lack of interest, ( I assume partly because people that wanted them and were fortunate to actually receive them got them through Jbs) they quit selling them.
I think that with the idea that the x2 and x4 likely being around much longer it could be another place to contact and see if you can get them on board for sales. It’s right down there alley!
Just do a search on them for contact info. They still come up online as a seller for eibach springs for the Gen1!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Wherry, there is a company called ShockTherapy that made an Eibach spring kit for the Gen1 before Jbs did.
Due to lack of interest, ( I assume partly because people that wanted them and were fortunate to actually receive them got them through Jbs) they quit selling them.
I think that with the idea that the x2 and x4 likely being around much longer it could be another place to contact and see if you can get them on board for sales. It’s right down there alley!
Just do a search on them for contact info. They still come up online as a seller for eibach springs for the Gen1!
Close. They released an article to some magazine and did one gen1, they never went into production. I called several times over a few months before ordering my JBS kit and was always told they will be out soon, never saw them though.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Close. They released an article to some magazine and did one gen1, they never went into production. I called several times over a few months before ordering my JBS kit and was always told they will be out soon, never saw them though.
Ah well I was going to order and mentioned it on the forum and someone beat me to it and reported back what I had stated in that there was a lack of interest. I still wonder if they would do it since the x2 x4 will likely be around awhile!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea JBS has to do bulk ordering. So it depends if they have them in stock. I also believe he is swamped do to Testing and possible launch for a new clutch system for the X2 X4.

·
Registered
226 Posts
JBS said that they are currently in stock. Have you tried them yet - good or bad?

·
Registered
69 Posts
JBS said that they are currently in stock. Have you tried them yet - good or bad?
I got mine and they seem to work fine and gave me more ground clearance.
The machine rode pretty bad for the first few miles until they broke in.
You can't reinstall the black plastic inner sleeve as it no longer fits.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just installed mine today, Super happy with them. This will help me fit those 30's I want :)

Don't really care about the plastic sleeve, It just fills up with a bunch of crap anyways.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,403 Posts
Just installed mine today, Super happy with them. This will help me fit those 30's I want :)

Don't really care about the plastic sleeve, It just fills up with a bunch of crap anyways.
From JBS? How was the shipping time and cost?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Got them used of FB marketplace as JBS never bothered to answer my emails.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Mine have about 1100 miles on them. Very little if any sag. I think the rears are to stiff with the sway bar hooked up, but not bad if you disconnect it. Also something changed for the better when I added the SATV rear arms. Not sure if the geometry changed or something was binding before, but it helped.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
658 Posts
I ditched the way bars after my first trail ride :)

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
226 Posts
Someone said they gained 2" of lift and ground clearance with the JBS springs - is that what you all found?

·
Registered
658 Posts
1.5" on mine after it settles.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I had my OEM springs preload over max manual spec so I was about as high as I guess I could get OEM and now with no Eibach preload, IIRC I gained about 1.5" static. But we are seldom at a static height and have much more effective suspended travel. IIRC I gained about another .5" when I installed the SATV a-arms. I have not measured but it seems at a glance that the shock pivot point on the SATV a-arms is inboard a little which would seem to change the angle of shock and leverage against the spring and affect the height as well.
Edit: sorry I just noticed this was X2&4 but will leave this up as a Rspec reference .

Reactions: Paul65
1 - 20 of 78 Posts