Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My RMAX2 has been at Dynojet since last week. They ordered a new ECU for testing and using it for tuning my RMAX. If you all are looking for a tune I'd hold out for PV3. This is all plug and play and Dynojet is the leaders when it comes to tuning. I can flash back to my stock tune if I ever have a warranty issue. Future updates you can flash in a few minutes and not mailing out your ECU.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So how long does this usually take to develop with a new machine?
My RMAX2 has been at Dynojet since last week. They ordered a new ECU for testing and using it for tuning my RMAX. If you all are looking for a tune I'd hold out for PV3. This is all plug and play and Dynojet is the leaders when it comes to tuning. I can flash back to my stock tune if I ever have a warranty issue. Future updates you can flash in a few minutes and not mailing out your ECU.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't be long. They had to order the ECU. They pull mine and use a new one for all the testing read/write and tunes. So depending how long it takes to get that. I don't need it back until end of October. So they have the time.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it will initially be on the dyno with stock runs to get the numbers. Then tuned and dyno runs posted compared to stock. Mine has 91 octane in it from the dealer. So that's what the tune will be based on.

I'm not doing any sheave this time. I'm over the sheave drama. Greaseless, grease, shim no shim, lol. Over it. Leaving the stock one on. I don't believe Yamaha left any room for the competitors to make enough of a difference. Maybe do an exhaust down the road that's it. Tuned with PV3 and call it good.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Any update on this? And the sheaves do not have the gains that they used to back in the rhino days.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any update on this? And the sheaves do not have the gains that they used to back in the rhino days.
They have been tuning on my RMAX2. I would imagine release will be early next month.
I’m leaving mine at Dynojet a little longer waiting on the HMF exhaust next and that tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JungleRider

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Dynojet Power Vision 3 will be released this next month. Mine is finished I was going to have Dynojet keep mine to do the fuel maps for the HMF exhaust but I am hearing from them it will be a few months yet. Anyway keep an eye on Dynojets website. I still have to get the dyno runs from testing that was done.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,179 Posts
Dynojet Power Vision 3 will be released this next month. Mine is finished I was going to have Dynojet keep mine to do the fuel maps for the HMF exhaust but I am hearing from them it will be a few months yet. Anyway keep an eye on Dynojets website. I still have to get the dyno runs from testing that was done.
Can't wait to see the stock/flashed torque graphs. Please get the General's HP/torque graphs as well please.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So can you tell us yet if they found a lot of power hiding inside that motor?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll try to get as much as I can on the graphs.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Any update? Gonna pull the trigger on an Alba tune after the new year, was curious about this though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any update? Gonna pull the trigger on an Alba tune after the new year, was curious about this though.
It's been done since last month. Dynojet has PV3 released first of this month for our RMAX.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weller racing has a flash also!
Good luck PV3 is plug and play! Dynojet has the tune done for the RMAX's with stock exhaust. I'm waiting on the HMF exhaust next.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I’m also running the Dynojet wide band for auto tune in combination with my PV3. It's a significant gain from stock to tuned. Now just waiting on HMF to send the prototype exhaust and tuning done fuel maps for Dynojet and HMF. Each drive mode is tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is the wideband needed? Any top speed gains?
No it's not needed. They wanted to install it on mine. Haven't opened it up on top speed yet. Dyno runs are coming.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So what kinda gains in HP/TQ did Dynojet get?
Believe it was around 6hp gain at the rear wheels once tuned over stock. Small gain in torque. I never got to drive it stock as I was out of town working. It went to Dynojet at zero miles and broke in on the dyno for tuning all modes. It runs very strong is all I can say. Dynojet spent a lot of time tuning and working the fuel maps for each drive mode - sport, trail and crawl. Just waiting on a HMF exhaust now...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.