Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,on my wolverine sxs I notice a bit of driveshaft backlash. Didn't have this on rzr 570. Curious if anyone else has noticed this. Might be nothing but when throttle on and off in bumpy trails it's constantly banging.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hey everyone,on my wolverine sxs I notice a bit of driveshaft backlash. Didn't have this on rzr 570. Curious if anyone else has noticed this. Might be nothing but when throttle on and off in bumpy trails it's constantly banging.
I wonder if it's the engine break system kicking in and out

·
Registered
347 Posts
I noticed it as well, and when I put it in gear and give it gas I hear a pop as well. Its all normal.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was just thinking how quiet it is. Coming from CanAms only, its super quiet. CanAms go BANG, BANG, every time you get on or off the throttle.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've been hearing the bang from time to time, I was thinking it was in the suspension, perhaps the sway bar loading and unloading cause I notice it most when I'm heavy on the gas after changing gears (reverse to forward), with all the noise there does not seem to be a harsh physical jolt that accompanies the noise. The noise does not seem to be muffled like it is coming from inside something. Just some thoughts.

I think the pop is a lean backfire, I notice it mostly when backing down form high RPM with a small amount of throttle applied!

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I have a definite noticeable clunk from the amount of play in the drivetrain when getting on and off the gas, it's normal, nothing to worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts