Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘21 RMAX-4. Want to make those solid black wheels on the base model look better WITHOUT spending loads of cash on new wheels? Try 1/4 inch red pin striping tape. Amazon. Just figure out how you want it to look(dont get carried away…it’s supposed to be “accent” not a pimp-mobile), clean the contact surface GOOD, then have at it. Make sure your fingers are clean also

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Please keep us updated on how well it stays on

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,135 Posts
Nice! Looks good👍👍👍

·
Registered
2021 X4 2021 Kodiak 700
249 Posts
Seems like some deeper mud or snow might knock it off, but looks cool

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like some deeper mud or snow might knock it off, but looks cool
Maybe, but where I live I don’t have either. Occasionally crossing a creek or some such but that is it so far Not affected by rain or water. I will keep you posted. Being pinstripe tape It is made to go on the outside of the car body and the adhesive side it is pretty sticky, so Again if you prep the surface break and wash your hands good before you start putting it on I think it will do pretty good. I will keep you posted

·
Registered
195 Posts
It should hold up as well as the pin striping on the body of a vehicle. As long as your not scraping your wheels against rocks, branches or gravely mud it should hold up great.

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
152 Posts
I probably would have taped them off and spray painted them on. Now I am wanting to add some black accents to my XTR wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Several years ago I did my wheels with Dip Your Car removable plastic coating. You need to coat with the DYC black base coat first and then add the color to any or all parts of the wheel you desire. Mine has held up very well with no peeling whatsoever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts