Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i run another wolverine page on facebook, and have been trying to get doors made for the past few months. i found a guy that does alot of custom cages, bumpers and doors for other machines, and explained that the lack of options that we have for our wolverines. i took him my wolvy, and this is what he came up with. These are an all aluminium doors that are bead rolled to give them strength. i originally wanted a "pro armour" style door, but to do this bolsters would have had to be removed and latches and hinges would have to be replaced. So we decided to go this route because we were worried bout guys not wanting to hack off boolsters, and to keep them affordable by reusing factory latches and hinges. Rear filler panels are also included, and require removing of rivits and sliding in behind ouside face of bolsters, and replacing rivits with bolts. Keep in mind that driver seat is adjustable and therfore the bolster will move with the seat. Right now these are for seat all the way back. He is gonna try to give options for shorter guys. They will be priced around $375 per set in raw aluminium plus shipping. Will hopefully be taking orders in week or so. Il add more pics as i get them, and try to answer any of your questions.... wolvy.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking very nice, thanks for doing this. More pics pls.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Can you take pics of the inside and also of the top edge where most of us will have arms and elbows, thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I really like the looks, where is your seat location as pictured cause as we found out if you move your seat forward nothing will fit cause the side bolster moves with the seat. I can run with mine all the way back or up one hole. let me know. I would love a set. I just live in WV get a set ready and I'll come up and get them. ASAP. :cool: PM me with direction's and a time.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Looks nice :D How's the inside braced? Definitely need a middle position option for the drivers side doors.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes this set is with seat whole way back. There will be bracing on the inside, he is working on that today. Il post more pics as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would also. Maybe different size back plate for the short dudes!!

Reactions: Kirk57

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will do. It mounts same as stock doors. I will get pics though. As for the shorter guys the actual door will have to be smaller and the filler longer. Il talk to him bout that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks nice :D How's the inside braced? Definitely need a middle position option for the drivers side doors.
It isn't braced ... It is just a skin of aluminium ... Only down fall I see. With the amounts of hits my stock doors have taken I don't think these will be all that good. Plus they never fixed the outside latch. May fit the needs of some but with no inside frame the 350 price tag seams a bit much for a laser cut sheet of aluminium

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
It isn't braced ... It is just a skin of aluminium ... Only down fall I see. With the amounts of hits my stock doors have taken I don't think these will be all that good. Plus they never fixed the outside latch. May fit the needs of some but with no inside frame the 350 price tag seams a bit much for a laser cut sheet of aluminium
He said in post #10 that they are working on interior bracing and will post pics when done.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes they will be braced from inside. You gotta remember that we are reusing stock hinges. Those hinges aren't made to hold a full tubular steel door frame with a skin. They held up a hollow plastic door, so we gotta watch with the weight. Everything would have to be tossed and bolsters would have to come off to make a tubular pro armor style door. These are more for guys that want to keep stock hardware and have a higher bolt on door that offers more protection from mud & debris.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I don't see anyone else this close to "mass" producing a full door so I'm not sure how $375ish is really that bad when we all spend more than that for less when it comes to accessories. The builder wanted to keep these as light, yet strong, and cheap as possible. I have been working with MPR62003 behind the scenes trying to get something made so we will at least have an option for doors vs stock (Not counting the full enclosure doors). Let Mpr62003 or myself know who is all interested and we will relay that to the builder. I imagine like anything else the more interest he gets the more likely he is to build different variations and it will likely help keep the cost down.

Also, before we start bashing these let's see what this guy comes up with. Neither Myself or Mpr will make a penny off of these doors, we just know there is a high demand for them so we are trying to push this builder to put something to market. hopefully within the next few days we'll get more pictures and details to share. I personally do not even have a desire for full doors but I figured I would put in my 2 cents and try to help everyone out.

Please share your concerns and suggestions but be patient cause we are literally playing middle man here.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I really appreciate the effort and would definitely take a set. My wife usually drives the Wolverine so it'll have to be a middle seat position on the drivers side.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts